Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crikey! Do some research will ya?

Another farrago of misconceptions and prejudice - this time it's Ben Sandilands from Crikey:

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...ettes-on-jets/

The TGA is quoted, same old nonsense.

ADS
    Free since April 2011
    T3S clearomiser and Ego-T batteries

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!
    What is wrong with these clowns??????????
    Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding me. After practically coming to verbal-blows over e-cigs during my "discussions" (and I use that term VERY lightly) with the TGA and Victorian DPU, the TGA comments on the Crikey story with:

There are currently no laws preventing the importation of these products for personal use. Consumers are warned that use of e-cigarettes may pose a danger to health and are encouraged not to purchase these products.

Well at least we have a definitive answer. Even if they wouldn't actually give it to US...<grumble> <grumble> <grumble>

At least they are keeping with their track record of constant mistakes:

E-cigarettes are prohibited from retail sale in Australia through state and territory legislation.

That should read WITH NICOTINE. Without there are no restrictions at all (nor should their be).

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    There are currently no laws preventing the importation of these products for personal use..
    Yea totally the bit that i read as well LOL.

Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    "ECIGZ Australia image implying electronic smoking is good for sex"

ROFLMAO

...The comments from the author are even more amusing

Ah.. Media for the sheeple. Baaaa.

I propose we create a new island somewhere. Where we are free to live day to day without the idiocy of normal society. Cause I'm about fucking sick of Dickheads having the right to spout bullshit about anything over and above actual truth.

Maybe I'm just getting old and more cynical. I dunno. But I really could just spend my days shooting dimwits like the clown that wrote this.

On a positive note, SMOKESCREEN got a track-back link!

I can't give too many details in case somebody gets in trouble, but I found out that at least in Victoria, everybody at the Health department is taking about e-cigs and many of them are using them too. The staff use and "management" condemns...sounds like business as usual.

With investigative prowess like that, this clown should work for the West Australian. Only Australia's finest 'news' paper could do with such a clever boy.

Sorry guys, I don't know if the sarcasm came through too strong or not.

Heaven forbid we should substitute our lethal habit and completely do away with second hand smoke to stop the whingers from complaining any more.

I guess it just goes to show that some people will just complain for the sake of complaining, irrespective of their knowledge (or lack their of) pertaining to the subject matter.

AVF Regular

Angry

I am glad I am not actively involved in any of these discussions with these departments, I get so frustrated with this topic I try not even to follow this thread closely, I am glad i handed my guns in years ago
    Last edited by Mickg33; 16-09-11 at 09:24 PM.

Ahh well it's the media network group,what can you expect?
    As for the T.G.F'ing.A.!!

I find out what's going on in the world through RT and many other sources on the Internet....only idiots who already have their minds made up would believe "Crikey"....wasn't it originally like "The Post" or one of those tabloid mags to start with?
    That's not to say the Mainstream Media Moguls would let the truth get in the way of a good story anyway.

Nice passionate and to the point on your latest entry there SAS....at least you may have cleared up some things if people read it and well you GOT AN ANSWER, now that's a plus to throw back next time you call...if you bother.

We only lose if we lose our cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast