Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: How would we combat Dual-Use

How would we combat Dual-Use

Lets assume that ecigs take a turn for the better, and sales throughout Australia skyrocket. But months later, it's found that a lot of people (but not all) are in fact still smoking, using ecigs as a bridge during hours they are not permitted to smoke, and smoking during hours that they can smoke.

What are some ways you could promote giving up smoking completely, if this hypothetical situation were to come true?

AVF Regular
    None.

What people do with their own lives is their business. Accurate information should be provided so they can weigh the risks and make an informed decision.

I lie. Except for one thing, which isn't really 'doing' anything and that is to vape. If you have given up completely to tell people you wouldn't have done it without vaping if they ask. With the extortionate tax placed on cigarettes in this country giving up completely should be a financial incentive.
    Robray, Quom, Fatman and 5 others like this.

Super Moderator
    I think Mav in such instances , we would have to focus simply on the fact that for each time a PV is used , its one less time a cigarette is smoked ... You hear a lot of dual use comments from the "experts" all slanted towards the view that E-cigs are enabling a smoker to continue his habit , whereas the alternative viewpoint is every bit as much valid , that in using a PV actual physical AMOUNTS of tobacco and carcinogens are LOWERED when considered over a time period .
    It is akin to someone putting on a patch for work , and then smoking outside of work .
    Should patches therefore be regulated and or demonized because they ALSO enable and encourage dual use .

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander IMHO .

The very simple argument , that EACH and EVERY cigarette not smoked , has to be better for you than one that IS smoked

A perfect example of encouraging positive behavior rather than attempting to stigmatise it .

Oh yeah and what Tug said lol
    Last edited by Fatman; 09-12-13 at 07:00 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

As long as it's legal it's nobody's business what one does in one's own home ...
    spud likes this.

It would be interesting to see some actual studies on "dual use" to know whether it is something that is happening a lot, or something that happens for a short period of time while people adjust from smoking to vaping, or if it is a happening in any significant way at all? At the moment it seems to be just some made up issue that the ANTZ want to beat the drum about, because even if it is happening, so what, if someone is dual using they are smoking less tobacco, so where is the problem?

Whats the alternative? For someone to go back to single use of tobacco cigarettes, because some busy bodied ANTZ can't stand the fact that there are now alternatives to their "quit or die" ideology?

Dual use is a non-issue in any negative sense. We, as vapers, could positively encourage giving up on the tobacco, and moving solely to vaping, but thats where I would draw the line.
    oogy and vaping_gal like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Its also a retardoid argument that Flyspam Shitereem uses. I reckon *most* people who start vaping would be dual-users, so many times i've heard ppl post that they felt no need to continue smoking (or words to that effect).
    spud and vaping_gal like this.

AVF Regular
    Combat dual use, tip 1.
    When flashing your vaper/Licensehttp://www.electroniccigarette411.co...se-300x213.jpg, if you buy smokes the vendor should be obligated to punch you in the face

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Agree with Tug.

I actually started out with the intention of dual using. Just wanted to cut out at least one pack a day and still smoke in the mornings and evenings. I never intended to actually give up burning tobacco, it just happened. So I suppose you could argue that the problem will probably take care of itself. (if everyone is like me ofcourse )

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Agree with Tug.

I actually started out with the intention of dual using. Just wanted to cut out at least one pack a day and still smoke in the mornings and evenings. I never intended to actually give up burning tobacco, it just happened. So I suppose you could argue that the problem will probably take care of itself. (if everyone is like me ofcourse )
    lol, I'd like a vapeking voucher for every time I've heard the exact same story CMB, (there must be a lot of people like you CMB), seems to be quite a common thing when people start vaping, this is another reason why this non-issue is just so much BS from the ANTZ. Its like a lot of vapers lowering their nic level from when they first start vaping, not because that is what they intended to do, (I certainly had no intention of doing this), but because they choose to, or in my case, with better vaping gear, I found the higher levels of nic simply unnecessary.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I had a smart arsed comment about dual use, but settled for:

It's their lungs
    vaping_gal likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast