Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Vapers Inhaling MORE Nicotine and toxins than Smokers - Study shows

Vapers Inhaling MORE Nicotine and toxins than Smokers - Study shows

I wonder who sponsored this study?

'E-cigarette smokers inhale MORE nicotine and toxins than regular smokers': Study finds 'users are unknowingly inhaling' a host of dangerous chemicals | Mail Online

Another couple talking about Deepak Saxena and Xin Li and their research

Dental researchers examine hidden health impact of electronic cigarettes

http://healthmedicinet.com/e-cigaret...ous-chemicals/

We don't smoke or vape, we FUME

"People who fume e-cigarettes competence breathe aloft concentrations of nicotine and of other toxins than people who fume unchanging cigarettes as they breathe some-more deeply and fume some-more frequently"

Haven't been able to find the study though! Anyone ?

AVF Regular
    LOL - "People who fume e-cigarettes competence breathe aloft concentrations of nicotine and of other toxins than people who fume unchanging cigarettes as they breathe some-more deeply and fume some-more frequently"

These are some sort of academic scam websites.

Read the comments re this article...sums up this article as just more Daily Mail CRAP
    I Like this one
    Believe the documented facts, and ignore this nonsense. It is a documented fact that E-cigs contain the same base ingredients as asthma inhalers. The only difference is a food standard flavouring (tested to be safe to consume), and in some cases nicotine, which is the drug smokers are addicted to. I went from 30 cigs a day, to none, in 48 hours. 3 months later, my teeth are whiter, my clothes do not smell, I can breathe a hell of a lot better, I have no cough, food tastes better, my sense of smell is better, so I basically feel 100% better. And I'm the one meant to be "inhaling MORE nicotine and toxins than regular smokers"??? This is just gutter press garbage, better used to wrap your chips in ;-)
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 6 others like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Well I vape 4 times more than I ever smoked, I always smoked in the garage and in my truck when I was alone. Now I can vape anywhere, I'm vaping on the computer right now, I vape in my truck with people in it, but I still roll down the window, just in case we find out after years of vaping that it isn't so good, I would rather be safe, In the house I run a ceiling fan and keep the windows open. But right now by expert report vaping is suppose to be safe, but in the past exports have been wrong, like 23yrs ago they said the north and south pole would have no ice by 2010, well really the north pole has increased in density and reduced in coverage, but its still there. Others said the Ocean would raise by more than 1M by NOW!!, hell it raise like 10mm. Plus with distillation of salt water being used for fresh water from Australia,USA, most Arab and Asian countries and others, more water in the Ocean is better, hell I can't wait for them to start making Hydrogen out of it. The earth will never run out of water, How do I know this? Well its a well known fact the asteroid belt consist of millions of asteroids made out of 100% water, a simple tugboat spacecraft could tug one sending it to earth and it would melt upon entry and rain crap loads, replenishing our exhausted supply. or just smash Europa into mars and start life on mars and mine the water for earth. There's more water on Jupiter's moon Europa then on earth, its a fascinating moon made out of water, it actually shoots water 200km into space from vents. Here's a pic how small the moon is compared to our moon and earth, but it has more water than all of earth.
    Jeffmoon.jpg

LoL boy did I ever get off topic on this one.
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Well I vape 4 times more than I ever smoked, I always smoked in the garage and in my truck when I was alone. Now I can vape anywhere, I'm vaping on the computer right now, I vape in my truck with people in it, but I still roll down the window, just in case we find out after years of vaping that it isn't so good, I would rather be safe, In the house I run a ceiling fan and keep the windows open. But right now by expert report vaping is suppose to be safe, but in the past exports have been wrong, like 23yrs ago they said the north and south pole would have no ice by 2010, well really the north pole has increased in density and reduced in coverage, but its still there. Others said the Ocean would raise by more than 1M by NOW!!, hell it raise like 10mm. Plus with distillation of salt water being used for fresh water from Australia,USA, most Arab and Asian countries and others, more water in the Ocean is better, hell I can't wait for them to start making Hydrogen out of it. The earth will never run out of water, How do I know this? Well its a well known fact the asteroid belt consist of millions of asteroids made out of 100% water, a simple tugboat spacecraft could tug one sending it to earth and it would melt upon entry and rain crap loads, replenishing our exhausted supply. or just smash Europa into mars and start life on mars and mine the water for earth. There's more water on Jupiter's moon Europa then on earth, its a fascinating moon made out of water, it actually shoots water 200km into space from vents. Here's a pic how small the moon is compared to our moon and earth, but it has more water than all of earth.
    Jeffmoon.jpg

Jeff

Noe, margyb, gtadmin and 8 others like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    lol so true with that brain fart post I posted above, lol
    Jeff

AVF Regular
    double post

Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Jeffmoon.jpg

Jeff
    No idea what you are on about jeff (or maybe I should remove the word about) but nice photo

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    No idea what you are on about jeff (or maybe I should remove the word about) but nice photo
    Donna I don't do drugs or medications, My only habbits are vaping,beer,linux and enjoying life when not working.
    Jeff
    Driesy77 and Donna like this.

Haven't been able to find the study though! Anyone ?
    Donna, the daily mail headline is a lie - big surprise there eh? The study has not been started, it is merely proposed. From the second article you linked -

Since the initial interaction of nicotine from e-cigs with the human body occurs first in the oral cavity, Saxena and Li will collect saliva and oral mucosa from College of Dentistry patients who are e-cig users to determine the relative abundance of oral bacteria and changes in DNA in these patients in order to compare them with the effects found among conventional cigarette smokers.
    The statement - "Due to the frequency of puffing, depth of inhalation, and length of vaping," says Li, "e-cig users may actually absorb higher concentrations of nicotine and other toxins than conventional tobacco smokers" - is merely speculation on the part of Dr Xin Li and the reason he give to justify the research.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast