Thread: Bill Godshall Update 2013-12-12 ecigarette-politics

AVF Regular

Bill Godshall Update 2013-12-12 ecigarette-politics

Lots of links re politics and vaping here

2 years ago it was hard finding anything about ecigs

Bill Godshall Update 2013-12-12

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Wow, lots of links. Thank you. Bookmarked!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

A big wave to you Margy!
    margyb likes this.

Bloody hell,great links...Just have to find a spare day or two to read them
    Nice work..
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    It's amazing really. We've all been quietly vaping over the years and the whole political storm has steadily grown world-wide.

It's a shame to think that a personal decision vapers have made to improve their own health has become such a political grandstand for people who care nothing for the health of smokers, but more about pushing their own ideologies. But the politics in these articles are fascinating and revealing reading nevertheless.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    It's amazing really. We've all been quietly vaping over the years and the whole political storm has steadily grown world-wide.

It's a shame to think that a personal decision vapers have made to improve their own health has become such a political grandstand for people who care nothing for the health of smokers, but more about pushing their own ideologies. But the politics in these articles are fascinating and revealing reading nevertheless.
    And it's now been 4 years or so that people have been vaping, with numbers steadily growing. Two million vapers in Germany alone, and so far no serious side effects, no poisonings, and one unconfirmed death of an infant (compared to thousands over the years from cigarettes).

The numbers of scientific studies done are piling up, with none finding anything alarming reletive to cigarettes. The ingredients used are indisputably benign on the whole, apart from nicotine which has been safely used for decades in NRT.

And STILL they question people's right to choose to vape as an alternative to smoking?

They scrape around for scraps of evidence to support their stance, while ignoring these glaringly obvious facts and statistics, and every little bit they find is blown up out of all proportion.

I could understand all the attention and all the heated arguments if it was cigarettes they were considering banning or severely regulating, but not when it's something that as yet shows no serious signs of danger?

The only action governments and regulators need to take on ecigs is a statement to the public saying they don't endorse them as safe, and they won't be held responsible for what happens as a result of them long term. And secondly, they should be piling money into research and studies and observing them over time......IF and when there becomes cause for concern, THEN they might be justified in taking action to regulate or ban.
    margyb, lozza 82, Olfella and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    And it's now been 4 years or so that people have been vaping, with numbers steadily growing. Two million vapers in Germany alone, and so far no serious side effects, no poisonings, and one unconfirmed death of an infant (compared to thousands over the years from cigarettes).

The numbers of scientific studies done are piling up, with none finding anything alarming reletive to cigarettes. The ingredients used are indisputably benign on the whole, apart from nicotine which has been safely used for decades in NRT.

And STILL they question people's right to choose to vape as an alternative to smoking?

They scrape around for scraps of evidence to support their stance, while ignoring these glaringly obvious facts and statistics, and every little bit they find is blown up out of all proportion.

I could understand all the attention and all the heated arguments if it was cigarettes they were considering banning or severely regulating, but not when it's something that as yet shows no serious signs of danger?

The only action governments and regulators need to take on ecigs is a statement to the public saying they don't endorse them as safe, and they won't be held responsible for what happens as a result of them long term. And secondly, they should be piling money into research and studies and observing them over time......IF and when there becomes cause for concern, THEN they might be justified in taking action to regulate or ban.
    Well said Jen
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

I don't understand it either insofar as "public health" is concerned. Look at mobile phones and microwaves. Both new products, both initially suspected of causing health problems but did Government Regulate in any way, NO.

The only thing I can put it down to is Government's reliance on tax revenue from tobacco sales and the prediction that by 2017 ecig sales will overtake tobacco. If they regulate as tobacco products they can tax as heavily as they want.
    margyb, Olfella and spud like this.

We all know it is not about our HEALTH..it is about our MONEY ie tax tax tax tax
    how dare we circumvent a dangerous poisonous obnoxious product that gets taxed to the hilt and use something so effective ,relatively cheap and not taxed into oblivion that actually seems to have very little harm to ourselves and others around us fk long sentence
    naughty naughty consumers..
    we should only use BPs obnoxious dangerous and fkn useless products as they are more than likely back dooring money to our "health" and "cancer" associations and possibly,maybe even certain self proclaimed experts on OUR HEALTH who hold archaic views
    hops off soapbox and going to have a Bex and cuppa tea oh no crap can't have a Bex anymore
    lozza 82, JenJ, spud and 1 others like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    We all know it is not about our HEALTH..it is about our MONEY ie tax tax tax tax
    how dare we circumvent a dangerous poisonous obnoxious product that gets taxed to the hilt and use something so effective ,relatively cheap and not taxed into oblivion that actually seems to have very little harm to ourselves and others around us fk long sentence
    naughty naughty consumers..
    we should only use BPs obnoxious dangerous and fkn useless products as they are more than likely back dooring money to our "health" and "cancer" associations and possibly,maybe even certain self proclaimed experts on OUR HEALTH who hold archaic views
    hops off soapbox and going to have a Bex and cuppa tea oh no crap can't have a Bex anymore
    I think you also need a lie down as well olfella!
    Olfella likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast