Like Tree14Likes
  • 6 Post By Donna
  • 3 Post By JenJ
  • 3 Post By Altered1
  • 2 Post By JenJ

Thread: The German perspective on E Cigs and the EU

The German perspective on E Cigs and the EU

Electronic Cigarettes
    Robray, margyb, lozza 82 and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    We have been unable to get a reliable statement from any of the presently active politicians or administrators, when asked for the German position, and on which grounds they would justify it.
    Why do politicians, the people we vote in to represent us, think it's ok to keep us in the dark and feed us bullshit? What are their justifications for withholding information from the people they are supposed to be representing? We are too stupid to understand? We don't deserve to know? Do they believe they have the right to do their work behind closed doors, with no transparency, and no necessity to justify what they are doing, supposedly on our behalf?

What I find shocking is that nobody ever questions their right to NOT answer questions from the people they are supposed to be representing.
    lozza 82, spud and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post

What I find shocking is that nobody ever questions their right to NOT answer questions from the people they are supposed to be representing.
    My Grandmother used to be a prolific writer to her MP's. She used to always end her letters with something reminding them that she was their employer. She received replies nearly always.... but we are talking 20 years ago....
    lozza 82, spud and Donna like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    My Grandmother used to be a prolific writer to her MP's. She used to always end her letters with something reminding them that she was their employer. She received replies nearly always.... but we are talking 20 years ago....
    She sounds awesome. I think in her day politicians behaved more like they were our elected representatives, and had some humility about the fact that we pay their wages.....somewhere along the line they came to see themselves as Kings and Priests, and people fell into line with their role as powerless subjects and silent slaves.

But your grandmother is still right; they are our employees!
    spud and Altered1 like this.