• 2 Post By Rose
  • 2 Post By Donna
  • 4 Post By spaceballsrules
  • 1 Post By Robray
  • 2 Post By Blow Vapor

Thread: 'Nicotine is GOOD for you' says BT scientist

AVF Regular

'Nicotine is GOOD for you' says BT scientist

"Group scientific director for British American Tobacco, which makes Benson & Hedges, Dunhill and Lucky Strikes, David O'Reilly has been branded 'irresponsible' and accused of telling just part of the story.
    He told the Sunday Times Magazine smoking helps a person's brain work more effectively, adding: 'It helps with cognition, stimulation and relaxes.'"

'Nicotine is GOOD for you': Scientist employed by cigarette manufacturers claims highly addictive drug makes your brain work better | Mail Online

AVF Regular
    Well, if he's only telling part of the story, isn't everybody else who rattles on about the dangers doing the same? It's not very often somebody tells the "full story", if that's even realistically possible...
    Blow Vapor likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Well nicotine sure as hell makes MY brain work better. And that's really all that matters.
    Last edited by Rose; 16-12-13 at 05:27 AM.
    Robray and Rhojin like this.

Even though I agree with what he says, I feel like my high school netball coach has just told me we have a new team member and I find out it is my primary school arch enemy. Anyone working for BT commenting on ecigs is hard to stomach.
    Robray and spud like this.

Nicotine has the same physiological effects as caffeine. Nicotine has also been shown, in specific doses, to help blood flow and cognitive function. Currently, nicotine is being researched to see how it can help stop and even reverse degradation of brain function due to old age and Alzheimer's, how it helps with blood flow to extremities for Diabetes patients so they can avoid amputation, and even for its positive effects for people post heart attack and stroke. It's not the substance, but rather the dosage of the substance, that makes the difference between a medicine and a poison.

For more reading on the subject, check here - FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

Here is the best source for anything and everything pro ecig and nicotine - CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
    Last edited by spaceballsrules; 16-12-13 at 10:30 AM.
    Robray, spud, Altered1 and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Thats it, I am buying those shares today!!!
    Donna likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Quote Originally Posted by spaceballsrules View Post
    Nicotine has the same physiological effects as caffeine. Nicotine has also been shown, in specific doses, to help blood flow and cognitive function. Currently, nicotine is being researched to see how it can help stop and even reverse degradation of brain function due to old age and Alzheiner's, how it help with blood flow to extremities for Diabetes patients so they can avoid amputation, and even for its positive effects for people post heart attack and stroke. It's not the substance, but rather the dosage of the substance, that makes the difference between a medicine and a poison.

For more reading on the subject, check here - FAQ: Nicotine (tobaccoharmreduction.org)

Here is the best source for anything and everything pro ecig and nicotine - CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association
    <turns wattage up to 20> sweet...!!
    Rose and spaceballsrules like this.