Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Cnn: Are e-cigarettes safe?

AVF Regular

Cnn: Are e-cigarettes safe?

Stanton Glantz making up more bullshit as he goes along.

margyb, timmah and Donna like this.

AVF Regular
    Most People that are smoking ecigs are still smoking cigarettes. Bullshit #1
    E-cig users less likely to quite smoking. Bullshit #2
    Nett effect of ecigs will keep people smoking cigarettes. Bullshit #3
    Huge dual use amongst Kids and adults. Bullshit #4
    seem to be inhibiting quitting. Bullshit #5
    cigarette advertising back on TV. bullshit #6
    krusty32, lozza 82, davee and 4 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

I have tried to write something about this for the last 15 minutes and I keep deleting it because I can't get my words out due to frustration. Not only frustration with Glantz but also the fact that they have pitted him against someone without "clean hands".

Thanks for posting though Rose.
    margyb, lozza 82, Rose and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    People see e-cigarette advertisements on TV and think they are cigarette ads.

I got a belly laugh out of that one! Either that's pure and blatant bullshit, or Americans are way stupider than we previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    People see e-cigarette advertisements on TV and think they are cigarette ads.

I got a belly laugh out of that one! Either that's pure and blatant bullshit, or Americans are way stupider than we previously thought.
    GAWD, I couldn't even watch this piece of media effluent, how much shite can you squeeze into 5 minutes, Glantz must hold the world record, although I'm sure its a tight competition.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I was sure I'd seen this video on youtube weeks or months ago? But the date says 'published on Dec 18th? Then I noticed it was uploaded by MOX News. Welcome this is MoxNews / CSPANJunkie / VotersThink / EarthToObama

Talking about advertising, Glantz did that on purpose to rile the njoy guy because not only do njoy advertise heaps, they have appointed famous people as brand spokespersons which are right down his "normalising smoking, slippery slope, dual use" fear mongering. That's why I think it's so unfortunate when a guy like this ex surgeon general is now seen to not be impartial. This is exactly the same as us seeing a study that has been sponsored by BT or BP. It puts the Vaping cause on the back foot and doesn't really do it any good.
    Mathy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I go with the head in the sand mindset. It seems every other day theres more of this re hashed propaganda out there. Save your effort for the real fight.
    Flame suit on although I hope I don't need it

Quote Originally Posted by rotten View Post
    I go with the head in the sand mindset. It seems every other day theres more of this re hashed propaganda out there. Save your effort for the real fight.
    Flame suit on although I hope I don't need it
    Everyone's different, I prefer to be informed, (even though this sort of crappy propaganda is really annoying), more "know your enemy" , than head in the sand. I think its good to know what they are trying to push as an argument, as it makes it all the easier to cut them down

Don't think you're gonna need the flame suit Rotten, well, not unless you are gonna be driving a race car
    lozza 82, timmah and Donna like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Good to know. Like you said everyone is different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast