Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Rumblings on the street

AVF Regular

Rumblings on the street

I have heard some rumblings here in Hobart ( the bear here is awake)
    A stall holder here has been telephoned by the DHHS (I will not name the seller)
    He rang me this morning and asked for some links to anything I could supply him with regarding legal/political issues and vaping
    Apparently the DHHS sent him links to the Tas poison regs
    The stall holder told me some sort of ?? media campaign is going to be launched in January

Stomp did mention some vendors in QLD were being questioned just recently too.
    Robray, Fatman, spud and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    That's not looking good. As long as he restricts his stock to exclude cigalikes and nicotine, he will have no problem
    margyb, Stomp and spud like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Margy, what's DHHS? And was the stall holder selling nic juices?.....is that why they questioned him? Sorry, I'm clearly a bit confused.

AVF Regular
    Even if they mimicked what's happening in EU at the mo with retail selling of nic e-liquid <= 20mg i'd be happy (as long as they don't crack down on the imports).

I'll just put this here in case anyone else wants to look at it and are sick of the other Vendor thread.

http://www.legislation.act.gov.au/a/...df/2008-26.pdf

ACT. Go to section 66 on page 55. Don't know if it applies because I haven't read it properly.

https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/L...alDrAPoR96.pdf

QLD. Go to section 292 page 251 re advertising and section 271 page 235 re possess/sell/use
    Last edited by Donna; 21-12-13 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added in the QLD one
    margyb, Mathy and Ginar like this.

AVF Regular
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    This needs to be titled "rumble in the streets", feels more like home. Mwuahahahahha
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    DHHS
    Department of health and human services
    No comment on the liquid
    JenJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    Apparently the DHHS sent him links to the Tas poison regs
    The stall holder told me some sort of ?? media campaign is going to be launched in January

Stomp did mention some vendors in QLD were being questioned just recently too.
    it sounds like they are trying to stop vendors from telling people where to obtain nic juice, which means no one will buy the pvs. Im sure lots of vendors do advise people on where to buy vape juice but looks like this may be becoming illegal to do? The media campaign will be another bunch of trumped up fearmongering, exploding batteries, contaminated carcinogen laden nic juices, etc etc. what a crock I imagine.
    Robray, margyb, lozza 82 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vaping_gal View Post
    it sounds like they are trying to stop vendors from telling people where to obtain nic juice, which means no one will buy the pvs. Im sure lots of vendors do advise people on where to buy vape juice but looks like this may be becoming illegal to do? The media campaign will be another bunch of trumped up fearmongering, exploding batteries, contaminated carcinogen laden nic juices, etc etc. what a crock I imagine.
    What they don't seem to realise, (perhaps they can't think past their own noses), is that all this will do is ensure a flourishing black market for nic. This is all any sort of prohibition does, and there is the weight of history to prove this beyond any shadow of doubt.

This will basically destroy legitimate businesses, and hand over control to organised crime. It will also serve to make criminals of people who just want a safer way to enjoy nicotine, rather than smoke tobacco, (which you can bet your life will remain legal and freely available).

Not only that but where government could have done the reasonable thing in the light of continuing evidence of vaping being a good thing for public health, they will be taking what they think is the popular stance (popular with puritans and ANTZ that is), and the easy way out.

The government are cutting off their nose to spite their collective face, if they go down the route of prohibition. They will not stop people vaping, a lot of those that are already vaping will continue to do so, but illegally, but it will mean new vapers will face the prospect of continuing to smoke tobacco, or effectively breaking the law, and this will put a lot of people off switching. The government would not only lose taxes that they could have gained from allowing nic juice to be sold legally, but they, (and every tax payer), will be forking out to police any prohibition laws.

Its short sighted, ideologically driven, rather than based on any scientific evidence, and just plain stupid, for the reasons I suggested above. It will have the effect of dividing our society even more than it already is, and give haters and ANTZ the state sanction they need to vilify people who simply want to improve their health.

It disgusts me on so many levels that they would even be considering prohibition, much like the proposed regulations in the EU, which is effectively prohibition.

We live in interesting times.
    margyb, gtadmin, CMB and 8 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast