Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By Donna
  • 4 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By vaping_gal

Thread: French stage smokeless revolution

French stage smokeless revolution

I don't think this has been posted before. It's dated 13/12/13. If it has, apologies.

French stage smokeless revolution | GlobalPost

Quote from the article.
    "Bertrand Dautzenberg, a pulmonologist and chair of France’s Office of Smoking Prevention, says e-cigarettes have become a “contagious phenomenon” in the last year. “It’s marvelous news in the fight against tobacco,” he says."

There is still the old propaganda being published, with no actual evidence to back it up. The language is less overt, but there is still the conflating of smoking and vaping, while the term "smoking" is used to describe vaping, eg: "smoking an e-cig", rather than vaping on a PV, people will remain confused as to what vapers are actually doing.

This distinction could become very important in regards to legalities, and we should be trying to use appropriate language when we can. Things like this can make a big difference in public perception, and education about vaping. Language can tip the balance in favour of vaping in a test case, the language we use is really that important.
    lozza 82, BlackDog, Donna and 1 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

as popular as smoking has always been in france, this is an intelligent response from those in power. If they keep this up, they may be the next sweden with snus success story. they can obviously see the benefits in a country where smoking rates are still so high

ps. I often wonder how the vaping thing would have played out if it happened before the smoking bans and taxes etc, those things have just clouded the water on smoking reduction and acceptance of vaping imo
    spud and Donna like this.