• 5 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By SUCKITIN
  • 1 Post By margyb
  • 1 Post By coopz
  • 1 Post By sushiaddiction
  • 4 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Lets Attempt Suicide by drinking Nicotine E-liquids

Lets Attempt Suicide by drinking Nicotine E-liquids

Link: Attempting to commit suicide with E-Liquids: Witless! Zwischen und hinter den Zeilen

It should be noted that the European Commission and the European Council are ignoring not only the small number of (harmless in most cases) accidental nicotine poisoning due to E-liquid over the last years, but also the current data situation concerning the slight poisonous effect of nicotine.

The facts

Case 1. Woman, age 36, admitted to a psychiatric ward, who had ingested 20 mL of nicotine liquid labelled as containing 18 mg to commit suicide. The Poisons Information Center was contacted 10 minutes after intake.
    What is surprising is even though the patient ingested 360 mg nicotine, she presented no symptoms.
    Medical treatment: The patient was admitted to the emergency ward for treatment with activated charcoal.
    Case 2. The same woman as in case 1 was admitted to the emergency ward after ingestion of 50 mL of nicotine liquid labelled as containing 30 mg of nicotine/mL, to commit suicide.
    What is very surprising is even though the patient ingested 1500mg nicotine, two hours after ingestion the symptoms present were abdominal pain, nausea, and voluminous vomiting.
    Medicinal treatment: Activated charcoal and observation for 6 hours.
    Case 3. Male, age 13, ingested 3 mL of nicotine liquid, no information about concentration, to commit suicide. Fifteen minutes after ingestion symptoms were nausea and shivering.
    Medical treatment: Activated charcoal and 1 hour after ingestion symptoms were decreasing.

Nicotine is much less deadly than once thought. This should be reflected in policy, not ignored.
    margyb, Rose, Olfella and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    They obviously let her out too early

Case 1. Woman, age 36, admitted to a psychiatric ward, who had ingested 20 mL of nicotine liquid labelled as containing 18 mg to commit suicide. The Poisons Information Center was contacted 10 minutes after intake.
    What is surprising is even though the patient ingested 360 mg nicotine, she presented no symptoms.
    Medical treatment: The patient was admitted to the emergency ward for treatment with activated charcoal.
    Case 2. The same woman as in case 1 was admitted to the emergency ward after ingestion of 50 mL of nicotine liquid labelled as containing 30 mg of nicotine/mL, to commit suicide.
    What is very surprising is even though the patient ingested 1500mg nicotine, two hours after ingestion the symptoms present were abdominal pain, nausea, and voluminous vomiting.
    mavinry4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for posting mav

And from the bottom of that link

As Prof. Dr. Goniewicz states, the currently available E-liquid poses no serious threat to the health of human beings. An excessive regulation is therefore completely daft and unnecessary.
    My conclusion:
    Regulation of ECigarettes should be done with a sensible and light touch. The proposed regulation of the EU goes to far. The EU might as well regulate selling household cleaners in bottles of max. 20 ml…. Or painkillers like “Paracetamol” in packages which contain a maximum up to two pills.
    Lessons learned:
    If someone wanted to commit suicide, he or she should not use an E-liquid. Execpt from nausea, abdominal pain, shivering and voluminous vomiting it will not have any effect.
    An attempt to commit suicide by means of E-liquid is witless in various aspects.
    mavinry4 likes this.

Makes a mental note, thanks mav
    mavinry4 likes this.

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCKITIN View Post
    They obviously let her out too early

Damn that's a lot of nicotine she drank.

The ones that have really made up their mind will keep trying and eventually succeed. Sometimes the mind breaks and there is no way to help as meds can mess them up in other ways. Media keeps saying nic will kill you and then they try it and media will talk about the dangers of nicotine and possible deaths.

---
    - First read this forum post for Nicotine and safety.

I will not mention how I did this. I will say, try this and there is a chance you will die. Literature in unclear about Nicotine's LD50

Results of my nic exposure 3 times over several hours.
    Increase in blood pressure with a warm tingly feeling mainly noticeable with head (top not bottom..). Slight increase in heart rate (below +10%) Very mild headache probably due to increased blood pressure. Mild visual distortion/perception - increased colour and sparkle. Was almost gone after about 1.5 hours. Slight effects lasted the rest of the day. For you druggies - It was in no way fun.

I was working with extremely small amounts and kept to under 15mg of absorbed nic. Don't do this ever. At least I now know what way too much nic feels like. Strange enough there were a few times that I vaped with one or two puffs because the urge took me. The rest of the time vaping was completely and totally not wanted.
    mavinry4 likes this.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    i would not call that a suicide attempt. more like a bid for attention. if you wanna commit suicide, ya don't go calling the poisons info line 10 minutes after you take something. pfft!
    margyb, mavinry4, Olfella and 1 others like this.