Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: our greedy government and there bs about being concerned about our health

Super Moderator

our greedy government and there bs about being concerned about our health

Hi All

I just posted this in the snus thread but I think it may be worth while posting it here as well.

Ok so I have doing some research into why smokeless tabbaco products incur the wrath of our feeble money hungry greedy pineapple government.
    so first I visted some government websites the first one being http://www.productsafety.gov.au/cont...mItemId/974258
    on this website they say the following:
    Hazards
    Cancers, chromosomal damage, infections and death
    Studies have shown a link between a variety of diseases/infections and the use of smokeless tobacco products:

pancreatic cancer
    oral cancer
    pharyngeal cancer
    local lesions in the mouth.

they dont say what studies they are refering to but maybe its fair enough for smoke cured tabbaco products but why should this apply to snus? there are many studies out there stating that snus is not all that bad and most likey wont give you any of the above mentioned deseases....

so what does the government class snus as? this:
    Oral snuff
    Ground tobacco held in place in the mouth and sucked. Snuff can be loose or in a ready to use sachet much like a teabag designed for sucking.

hmmm ok good enough discription I guess but wait if oral snuff is so bad then why isnt snuff banned or stigmatised??? surely snorting this evil thing will give u a nose cancer or brain tumor right? lol so I decided to go see which deparment would be in control of this banned substance surely it must be the health department (they banned stuff that is not good for us all the time)? No its not the health department but .....

Chewing tobacco and oral snuff (restricted import)
    Description:
    Chewing tobacco and oral snuff if imported in quantities greater than 1.5 kg.

Permits issued by:
    Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer.... Bwahahahahahaha and its not about money? yeah right also worth mentioning is this.....

Tobacco - unmanufactured leaf (restricted import) prohibited and restricted imports
    Description:
    Unmanufactured tobacco that is not stemmed or stripped. This includes tobacco in the form of whole tobacco plants or leaves in the natural state or as cured or fermented leaves.

Permits issued by:
    The Commissioner of Taxation...... WTF? lol makes sence now

whats the bet if they decide to put more ristrictions or bans ecig's that it doesnt come from the health department......
    Last edited by Rhojin; 27-12-13 at 05:11 AM.
    spud and Donna like this.

The Australian Parliament seems to have a very different understanding of the definition of the word "Health".

Health (Definition)

Normal people: "In humans, it is the general condition of a person's mind and body, usually meaning to be free from illness, injury or pain"

Politicians: "Any trending subject/product that people enjoy enough to somewhat overlook paying ridiculous amounts of tax and abiding by ridiculous amounts of restrictive legislation that protect other tax revenues to use"
    Fatman, spud, Rhojin and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator
    What really annoys me apart from the government being a bunch of complete tossers is that oral snuff is bad but the same thing without water added is perfectly acceptable and not taxed or ristricted.... must be alot of polititions using snuff me thinks

Super Moderator
    oh and wine is not taxed anywhere near as much as other grog y?.... because they drink it more!!! lol

also I cant find in the ministers portfolio where he has been given the responsiblility for health http://ministers.treasury.gov.au/Dis...ID=091&min=djb

lol but if these unnamed "studies" where even remotley ture or a real cause of concern then this person would have to issue the permit http://www.health.gov.au/internet/pu...l3-ministerial

in short its all about the $$$ ..... ok my rant is now over .... for today
    Last edited by Rhojin; 27-12-13 at 05:44 AM.
    margyb and spud like this.

I remember reading some crap aaaaaaages ago about the attorney general needing to be appointed by the queen but they aren't anymore blah blah blah. It's all just a bunch of paranoid geriatrics arguing about ways to make more money, end of. We all need to think more like Ron Swanson.

43 Greatest Ron Swanson Quotes That Prove He Might Be Your Spirit Animal | Thought Catalog
    Rhojin likes this.

Super Moderator
    "The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teat until they have sore, chapped nipples." bwhahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DanGibson View Post
    I remember reading some crap aaaaaaages ago about the attorney general needing to be appointed by the queen but they aren't anymore blah blah blah. It's all just a bunch of paranoid geriatrics arguing about ways to make more money, end of. We all need to think more like Ron Swanson.

43 Greatest Ron Swanson Quotes That Prove He Might Be Your Spirit Animal | Thought Catalog

AVF Regular
    Well darling, when you get to your mid fifties (my apologies if you're there), you'll come across a lot of people who have horrible illnesses that can be attributed to smoking, snus or whatever, who've never smoked. Currently, a friend's Mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at age 86 - never smoked, used a snu or did anything unhealthy in her life, in fact, at age 86yo, doesn't even have any of the usual complaints associated with age - eg., heart condition, arthritis etc. Equally, you'll discover there's lots of people who've smoked like a train and drank like a fish and who are still hale and hearty.

Basically, we all know it's about money, and we'll all go crazy, running around shouting "it's not fair" and trying to fix it. And, given the weird things that happened in the Senate after the last Fed election, we stand even less chance of having a sensible voice. I figure, it's best to spend time working out how to circumvent the system.

What would throw the cat amongst the pigeons would be having a headline that read "Smoke Cured Salmon" is linked to that list of diseases - that would cause a major fuss at this time of year when everyone (including myself) is tucking into their annual smoked salmon treat
    DanGibson likes this.

Super Moderator
    No-one just dies anymore ... we always have to blame something lol .... harken back a few hundred years , when you were considered lucky to live past 40 ..... If you lead a non-sedentary life , things wear out , organs get tested, the human body wasnt built to live to 90 without woes , but we seem to consider ourselves cheated if it doesnt .

If you can attribute blame ... you can attribute Taxes ... and you can justify existence ... and you can begin to mould opinion
    DanGibson, Rhojin, maggie and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Existence is.

Why do these idiots think that we will believe the lies.

I personally am sick of being lied too. I cannot go on with this bullshit.

We pretend that we are normal.......... pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple them.

AVF Regular
    Why cannot we say what we mean without this stupid pineapple thing.

The owner of this site if he he thinks pineapple is the answer is an idiot.

Jato, get real man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast