Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: crackdown in usa - visa payments for ecigs stopped

AVF Regular

crackdown in usa - visa payments for ecigs stopped

looks like the payments system is the first weapon against vaping

Is the following true also? If so, someone is trying to stop Americans buying ecigs locally? I just found it online so don't assume it's true, I'm just asking the question?

"Paypal Screws Americans As Well As Our Economy

Here is another form in which Paypal screws Americans as well as our economy!

I am in the business of selling a device known as an electronic cigarette. We also manufacture Liquids for these e-cigs which are Organic, Kosher, and use 100% Natural flavoring. The majority of these liquids come from China.

For those who are "haters" of smoke, please know that this device simply gives the user a small amount of nicotine and there are absolutely no bad smells or secondhand smoke! Actually if you are a "hater" of smoking, if all smokers used this unit, our world would be a cleaner and better smelling place!!! Prior to judging the item or act, please understand it a little.

Anyways, I did not come here to peddle. Paypal (USA) bans any American to sell electronic cigarettes, however they have no problem whatsoever in letting people in the UK, other parts or Europe and China sell electronic cigarettes and accept paypal as a form of payment. While I have my credit card processor and do not need paypal, there are a lot of individuals just trying to make an honest living by selling these items. So if a company such as paypal decides not to allow a certain item to be sold via it's vendors, shouldn't that be worldwide?

What I am getting at is this: If an American wants to buy electronic cigarettes and wants to use paypal, then they can only buy from a Chinese or European Company. Either way the consumer is getting the product so if you are going to allow it to be "shipped" to the USA, then that should include US sellers as well. Otherwise you should simply ban shipments from other Countries as well when using paypal for this product.

So if an American and a Chinese person both have the same idea in opening an online store selling these items, guess who wins? China! Who gets screwed? The American! So there is another Chinese person getting wealthier while another American has to apply for unemployment and they both want to sell, the same item and ship the same item to the same country!!!

The logic behind this just boggles my mind!!! This is simply one scenario with one industry and it involves selling an item that has no legal issues (such as drugs,etc) It is an item that can be bought at any mall in the USA, however for the average Joe who doesn't have 5K in starting up a little kiosk, forget it! He is not even given a chance! He is spit on and forgotten!!!

This is simply another example of a huge corporation that became huge by Americans and turned around to screw Americans you know where!!!

It will take time but eventually Paypal will suffer and when that day comes!!! Party at my place!!!"

AVF Regular
    yeah donna - generally u cant use paypal if buying ecig stuff in the usa - have to use credit card - some places are sneaky and slip thru at this stage but i have not encountered them

but now it looks like visa will start to be a growing problem

Wow, and we moan about our situation.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I believe there is unfair trading practice laws in place here as far as Paypal is concerned.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

Super Moderator
    I Believe this all came about as Paypal was started by eBay , a few years back there was some murmuring about people circumventing tobacco laws ( age restrictions etc) by using Paypal , so Paypal in the US stopped Paypal payments for all tobacco and nicotine products ... Ecigs of course got caught up in it ... for a while on eBay AU if there was even the hint of e-ciggyness the ad was removed ... seems to have slackened off these days now though .
    I would say the ANTZ people are using the same logic on Visa folks now , because legally they are "facilitating " an illegal act . ( I.E. nicotine products )

Not saying its right , just saying its possible
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Paypal has always been bastards when it comes to ecigs in Canada, when I purchase from my brother, I have send payments via paypal, and select from friends/family
    He can't use it directly on his site, he usually only takes bank transfers in Canada.
    Jeff

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Yep heard of many things with paypal, visa, etc.
    It's the new way to kill something online.
    Wait and see how far they go <> if FDA or Tax wins.

]6⁹.12[

AVF Regular
    People will just start using bitcoins
    mavinry4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    What the hell.
    The whole world is going mad about e-cigs.
    Just think of how many have quit the stinkies by vaping.

Raz
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast