Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Vapers rights.. what are they?

Vapers rights.. what are they?

So I am rolling around in bed not able to sleep, knowing I have to get up in the morning.. but thinking about some of the more heated discussions we have had or seen over time here on the forums and other places. It got me thinking.. What are vapers rights exactly.. aside from the right to vape.. what is it we want as a community... Tossing it and turning the question appeared not to have such a simple answer.. so I thought I would bring it here to see what you all thought...

What exactly are vapers rights.. what do we as a community of individuals want to see (Please keep it civil even if you do disagree)
    Robray, DanGibson and Rhojin like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I am not sure where this is going to go?

As things stand, we have very few “Rights” as smokers have few “Rights”. Both have the right to do their own thing as long as it doesn’t impact on other members of society.

Rights infer that we are free from restriction and proceed with the blessing of other citizens and stay within the law.

You are free to masturbate in the confines of your bedroom, but try it in your car in the town center, and you will incur the wrath of god or the local copper, whoever catches you first. It’s the same with Vaping.

We have the right to purchase Vaping hardware in Australia, but no right to buy the active ingredient we need for our “go” juice.

Until the law changes and the government plow the same amount of cash and effort into getting mainstream Vaping accepted by society, as they have plowed into vilifying tobacco use, we will have no rights.

As for the question of what we want? Legitimacy, acceptance, and free juice dispensers at the local pharmacy. They have needle exchange and methadone programs for addicts so why should we be the exception?
    margyb, lozza 82, Fatman and 5 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Rights infer that we are free from restriction and proceed with the blessing of other citizens
    Not too sure about the "blessing of other citizens" bit. The Oxford dictionary defines rights as: a moral or legal entitlement to have or do something They are not necessarily mutually inclusive. A lot of times legal acceptance comes well before social acceptance. At the moment we have the legal right to vape virtually anywhere we like but that is not necessarily "with the blessing of other citizens"........as opposed to smokers who are restricted, both legally and from a public acceptance aspect. In reality the legal right trumps moral right or social acceptance.

Currently we have the legal right to:
    buy vaping equipment and supplies
    buy a personal supply of nicotine from overseas and import it.
    vape (within reason) anywhere we like

It could be better, but in reality the main improvement comes down to being able to buy nicotine legally. There are lots of improvements that could be made, however it could get a lot worse.....there could (easily) be restrictions on all of those legal rights. I'm happy enough with the legal rights we currently have. Considering the harm reduction aspect (to both us as individuals and society in general) they could also be moral rights. The big battle is public acceptance which generally we don't have.....it would be great but not necessary to be able to do what we do. The most important rights are the legal rights, because they are the only one which dictate whether we can vape or not. The moral right doesn't stand up to legal right and the blessing of the general public will come provided we continue to have the legal right.
    lozza 82, DanGibson and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    What about vapers responsibilities, think of them before getting down to rights maybe?

I take on a weird responsibility of chain vaping at the doctors clinic in the waiting area, i have to go every month and the wait can be 30-90 mins and the waiting areas freaking massive, i always manage to attract interest i dont know if everyone just happens to sit near me that smokes but someone will talk to me about it and then theyre trapped haha! no im nice always old people ask if i strike a random doctor sometimes they havent heard of them, its odd.

Anyway I totally think doctors clinics should be places vapers should promote the hell out of vaping, doesnt matter how often you go, worst that can happen is you get told to stop, write them a letter and change doctor!!!
    DanGibson and spud like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    1) We have the right to post on AVF, as long as we are not banned, then we lose that right...

2) We have the right to wear shoes, no vaper should ever have to go without shoes!
    If you don't have shoes, feel free to PM me & I will send you a pair of my 2yr old smelly sneakers, free of charge, without a return address

3) We have the right to inhale fog, if you don't like fog, then don't vape
    DanGibson and Rossco like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Retired Account
    I'm being oppressed! I'm being oppressed!
    I'm trying to get my head around the question.
    I'd like the right to freedom from persecution and/or prosecution to be sorted out (as those relate to vaping)
    I'd like the right to a much clearer set of laws and legislation.
    The right to associate and communicate and gather with other vapers (might be tough in QLD these days!)
    The right to choose my devices and my liquids confident that they are as safe as is possible

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    1) We have the right to post on AVF, as long as we are not banned, then we lose that right...

2) We have the right to wear shoes, no vaper should ever have to go without shoes!
    If you don't have shoes, feel free to PM me & I will send you a pair of my 2yr old smelly sneakers, free of charge, without a return address

3) We have the right to inhale fog, if you don't like fog, then don't vape
    1. Don't confuse "rights" with "permission"
    2. No thanks, I have my own sneakers
    3. Yes.
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    1. Don't confuse "rights" with "permission"
    2. No thanks, I have my own sneakers
    3. Yes.
    there you go, ruining a great post with pedantic-ism
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I would advise against thinking about vaper's rights when trying to get to sleep
    slap the sausage or rustle the bush is far more effective at combatting insomnia
    Noe and Robray like this.

I can't help but pull my vape out whenever I see a no smoking sign, anyone else or is that just me? I sort of see it as my responsibility to vape everywhere AS LONG as it isn't going directly in anyones face. I don't intentionally try to piss people off, but there's always going to be some halfwit that can't tell the difference between steam and smoke. These people need to be re-educated, with electroshock therapy.
    The only person you need to worry about getting along with is the manager/owner of whatever establishment you're in, they have the final say really.
    fifthflo likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast