Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Stanton Glantz what a load of bull manure

AVF Regular

Stanton Glantz what a load of bull manure

Just saw this and I am gobsmacked
    What a tosser lies/lies/lies

Background Paper on E-cigarettes (Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems)

Prepared for World Health Organization Tobacco Free Initiative
    December 2013

http://nicotinepolicy.net/documents/...rt_Dec2013.pdf
    lozza 82 and RichoVonBlack like this.

AVF Regular
    gawd!......
    margyb and Mathy like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Super Moderator
    In all honesty I read thru the opening 30 odd pages , and just gave up .... perhaps this is his plan ... repeated regurgitation of old disproved rhetoric, and some new stuff gleaned from a cautious selection of literature and reports ... total looked at 153... in which just shy of 50% were deemed non include-able ( wonder why , could they be advocating e-cigs perhaps?
    I worry about ANY report that after identifying relevant documents , writes off 50% of them ...this is so indicative of bias , it should be thrown in the bin , but of course it wont .

Glantz has a special hot poker waiting for him in the afterlife ...
    margyb likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Rachel Grana, PhD MPH
    Neal Benowitz, MD
    Stanton A. Glantz, PhD

EPIC FAIL
    margyb likes this.

all I took from that was "blah blah blah", same old glantz rhetoric. does anyone really take him seriously any more?
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Glantz has a special hot poker waiting for him in the afterlife ...
    margyb and Fatman like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

I thought simon got my blood pressure going but Stanton takes the cake. These bastards only site studies that suit them and also give assumptions as some form of fact. Refillables tanks for drug use and no proof smokers quit were just the start, then when he sited the 2009 FDA test , well that was it for me. Couldn't b stuffed reading the whole thing, I know it's all BS anyway
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AVF Regular
    There should be transparency in the role of the e-cigarette and tobacco companies in
    advocating for and against legislation and regulation, both directly and through third parties
    Really Mr Glantz? What's the hidden motivation and drive behind your extremist and alarmist agenda?
    lozza 82 likes this.

AVF Regular
    There should be transparency in the role of ANTZ in
    advocating for and against legislation and regulation, both directly and through third parties
    lozza 82 and vaping_gal like this.

I like the way that anything positive is worded very negatively. If there weren't any lies at all in there, and just actual fact/unbiased studies I think they could still make it sound bad
    "In 2011, Dawkins et al., (2012) conducted an online survey of 1347 adults recruited from
    8 an electronic cigarette retail website.(Dawkins et al., 2013) Participants were 70% men, mean
    9 aged 43 years, 96% white (72% European), and most (72%) used a "tank" type of e-cigarettes
    10 with nicotine-filled solution (1% reported using no-nicotine). Seventy-four percent of
    11 respondents who had used an e-cigarette reported not smoking for at least a few weeks. Results
    12 show that users perceive e-cigarettes as healthier than smoking and pleasant to use. In an analysis
    13 of self-reported ex-smokers, "'time to first vape' was significantly longer than 'time to first
    14 cigarette"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast