• 2 Post By Mathy
  • 3 Post By Sign me up
  • 8 Post By lozza 82
  • 3 Post By Ozzie
  • 2 Post By essiemessy

Thread: nictine levels up in US smokes

AVF Regular

nictine levels up in US smokes

Nicotine Levels In US Cigarettes Went Up 15% Between 1999 And 2011 | Business Insider

....and there is no loud noise made about it

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Should be sent to the Qld University mob doing that research.

AVF Regular
    no big surprises there. their livelihood relies on people taking up smoking and becoming dependent as quickly as possible. just more evidence that if you line the right pockets, you can get away with murder ... literally
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Just by co-incidence I was reading a forum at UK Vapers today, and this article http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_623.pdf was referenced. This research would seem to be both, an extension and a rehash, cheers Deb
    GirlyPantz and vaping_gal like this.

AVF Regular
    Love hearing all this talk about how e-cigs need to be regulated. Don't worry about regulating real cigarettes, it's e-cigs that are the problem. SMH.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Ok so let me get this right.
    Nicotine is the addictive component in cigarettes and is the reason why many cannot put an end to their deadly habit.
    Governments yell and scream about a new generation of smokers but still allow them to buy cigarettes when they turn 18.
    they say they increase tax dollars on smokes to hinder the uptake or for smokers to hopefully give up due to financial strains but r really riding the money train
    They put laws in place for plain packaging that is useless
    And now to find out that tobacco companies are increasing the nicotine levels in cigarettes over the years making them even more addictive and governments aren't doing squat about it and it is somehow allowed.
    What the hell!!!
    How can governments truly stand by preaching to us about smoking and how they want people to quit smoking, all the while allowing a deadly habit become even more addictive than what it already was. Hypocrites!
    GirlyPantz, margyb, Fatman and 5 others like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    IIRC there was a change in cigarettes here in Oz a couple of years ago.
    I cant remember where the link is but other people here may have it.
    A chemical was added to make the cigarette 'safe' as in self extinguishing.
    I think there was a lot of controversy at the time as to whether it made the cigarette more harmful to the user.

Does anyone remember this?
    Fatman, Altered1 and Rossco like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    LOL I only remember it happening - because we were one of the retailer bunnies who were stuck with pissfarting around with stock, supply and returns - a similar nightmare to the plain packaging, and most recently, the new tax debacle.
    As for the the slow-burns being more harmful, I've heard nothing about that, but at the end of the day, what's yet another chemical added?

But with the nicotine levels being upped, I can't say I'm surprised, either. Hell, cigarettes are so cheap in Asia, and I recall during my uni days some talk of that having been seen as a very sneaky form of third world genocide by some.
    Fatman and spud like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I don't think they added any chemicals, they removed or reduced the saltpetre rings on the cigarettes so they will go out when they have not been smoked, before if you lit one, they would burn all the way to the butt if you forgot to keep smoking it.

It has been proven that Fire safe cigarettes contain higher levels of chemicals
    Are the new FSC fire-safe cigarettes making smokers sicker than ever? - National Holistic Science & Spirit | Examiner.com
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it