Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Quit Victoria - Success Stories from real life....

Quit Victoria - Success Stories from real life....

This may have been done in the past by many of you but I have posted my story on Quit Victoria and it is not visible to the public. In other words I can only assume they will not publish it because it is about the success of ecigs. Maybe some extra stories can help get it through to them. Then again some of you may not want to rock the boat. Your choice.

Success stories from real life ex-smokers - Quit Victoria

This is what I posted under the title of....Something that works….
    I'm 47 and was a very heavy smoker (45-60 per day)and have been smoking since I was 15. I have tried cold turkey, hypnotherapy, gum, patches, inhalers, Alan Carr, Doctors, Counselling, Zyban and Champix (which i might add made me smoke more because I thought I was going mad). All of these methods failed for me. The one thing that has worked is E Cigarettes, not the ones you can buy in the service stations but the ones that you have to put in a bit of work for. I'm not a sales person or a forum promoter, I'm just a real person that has found everything else has failed and ecigarettes work. For those that don't know, using an ecigarette means you are inhaling vapour rather than smoke. Just like what comes out of a kettle (with or without nicotine - with or without flavours). After 3 months I can't remember the last time I coughed and yet this was an every day occurance when I was a smoker. My taste buds and smell have returned, I don't stink anymore, I have more energy and the best thing of all is that I have some spare money in my wallet for the first time in years. Good luck to you all

Edit...It should be said to you all that the kettle reference was for people reading it that don't know about pv's. We know it's a bit different to that but I just assumed it would go up and then be moderated. But it seems posts go in for moderation before they are posted and if they don't suit the quit agenda they are not put up.
    Last edited by Donna; 21-01-14 at 06:01 PM.
    Crisscross, spud, Starry and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Doesn't toe the party line, goes directly against their message to the public and is currently not approved method of quiting. No surprises it wasn't posted I believe it will take a "Watergate Moment" to change their tune
    vaping_gal likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    This may have been done in the past by many of you but I have posted my story on Quit Victoria and it is not visible to the public. In other words I can only assume they will not publish it because it is about the success of ecigs. Maybe some extra stories can help get it through to them. Then again some of you may not want to rock the boat. Your choice.

This is what I posted under the title of....Something that works….
    I'm 47 and was a very heavy smoker (45-60 per day)and have been smoking since I was 15. I have tried cold turkey, hypnotherapy, gum, patches, inhalers, Alan Carr, Doctors, Counselling, Zyban and Champix (which i might add made me smoke more because I thought I was going mad). All of these methods failed for me. The one thing that has worked is E Cigarettes, not the ones you can buy in the service stations but the ones that you have to put in a bit of work for. I'm not a sales person or a forum promoter, I'm just a real person that has found everything else has failed and ecigarettes work. For those that don't know, using an ecigarette means you are inhaling vapour rather than smoke. Just like what comes out of a kettle (with or without nicotine - with or without flavours). After 3 months I can't remember the last time I coughed and yet this was an every day occurance when I was a smoker. My taste buds and smell have returned, I don't stink anymore, I have more energy and the best thing of all is that I have some spare money in my wallet for the first time in years. Good luck to you all

Edit...It should be said to you all that the kettle reference was for people reading it that don't know about pv's. We know it's a bit different to that but I just assumed it would go up and then be moderated. But it seems posts go in for moderation before they are posted and if they don't suit the quit agenda they are not put up.
    Good on ya for having a go, even if it doesn't get published. I tried the same thing with the WA version of IQuit, and it didn't get published either, no harm in trying though. Altered1 is correct though, they don't want to know unless your story follows the "approved" methods, at least that is what they told me when I posted about switching to vaping.

Wow, you really were a heavy smoker Donna, 45-60 a day!!, I'm glad you found vaping works for you
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Yeah in the States they had the same issues on the Quit forums. They all would berate the E-Cig and how it's not really quitting yadda yadda. Unless you quit the tough way(s) they don't want to know
    vaping_gal likes this.

And it would be great if everyone else published their story as well....

This is how they deal with the stories in the UK
    NCI lies about the effectiveness of e-cigarettes, via deletion and explicitly | Anti-THR Lies and related topics

AVF Regular
    I am having a bit of a fuzzy day so did you want us to add our quit tales to here or the quit Vic site.

Can you just add the quit collective stickie to quits site.
    mrsgruffy and vaping_gal like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Politicians are still choosing to ignore despite so many success stories. Being ignorance is part of the political job too in modern politics!?
    vaping_gal likes this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I am having a bit of a fuzzy day so did you want us to add our quit tales to here or the quit Vic site.

Can you just add the quit collective stickie to quits site.
    I thought I had in the OP cc.

But I'll do it again here. Let me know if you don't get the page...?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I thought I had in the OP cc.

But I'll do it again here. Let me know if you don't get the page...?

Sorry not your link can't you add a new post to the quit Vic site and include the link from the sticky here Quit Tales Collective !
    vaping_gal likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Sorry not your link can't you add a new post to the quit Vic site and include the link from the sticky here Quit Tales Collective !
    Yeah, that was my point, you think you are and then it goes of for moderation and then never appears. I've read quite a few champix and patches success stories.......

That is why I suppose we should inundate them with real quit stories but without brands or forum mentions. More so about our method of quitting being non BT, non BP and non GOVT. Your choice guys.
    TobaccoIsDead likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast