• 2 Post By dnar
  • 6 Post By justdanno
  • 5 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By dnar
  • 3 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Smoking out the Facts on Electronic Cigarettes

AVF Regular

Smoking out the Facts on Electronic Cigarettes

Just picked this up from UK Vapers. This is great, not a cigalike to be seen. Usual warnings about safety and gateway to smoking, but a very interesting report from over the pond - France, I do believe. And how great it would be to walk into a B&M store ..

Smoking out the facts of electronic cigarettes | euronews, reporter
    margyb, Old Dog, mavinry4 and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Good one Mathy. Cool vid
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

omg, that idiot lady towards the end of the video.

She doesn't like ecigs. She finished puffing on a tobacco cigarette, and then claims she's scared about the possible long term effects of ecigs.

Having watched the video, I can't help but think the tobacco industries are a bunch of useless pricks for not seeing this coming and offering a safe alternative to smoking themselves.

They see the writing on the wall and now decided they need to monopolize the ecig industry.... IMHO they deserve to go by the way of the dinosaur much the way Kodak did with the digital revolution.

Adapt or become extinct.

Their actions today fit the description of FUD and bullying.
    spud and Bobthebuilder like this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

Thanks for sharing Mathy. I have forwarded the link to my family of doubters!

The footage in the clip of people using their PVs makes it look normal...if you know what I mean. Part of the battle I have with family and friends is the fact that they just don't see anyone else vaping. They already think I am eccentric and have made some questionable choices in the past, so they think this is just another one of them. I forwarded this video to them not just for the verbal content, but for the fact that it shows "normal" people vaping...AND in public!!!! The fact that they are cool and European might just help me being able to gain some credibility, shallow as it sounds!! It's just that for most of us vapers in Oz, we suffer from a unhealthy dose of ignorance!!
    Old Dog, mrsgruffy, spud and 3 others like this.

Retired Account
    "There are pesticides in some vegetables, there are heavy metals in some fish. That's the level of danger we're at with the electronic cigarette"
    mavinry4, Fatman, spud and 2 others like this.

It would be great to see someone other than an ecig retailer respond, to give the argument more balanced weight. I would like to see arguments such as the following aired:

- The base ingredients are ALL food grade (with the exception of nico and I shall come back to this).

- Propylene Glycol is used in hospital HVAC system because of its hygroscopic properties. It absorbs water and makes it very hard for virri and bacteria to survive. If its ok to inhale PG in a hospital then it must be safe!!!! I see no health warnings for this use.

- Glycerine is inhaled everyday the world over in clubs, concerts and music venues, produced by theatrical smoke machines. The fluid is just Glycerine and distilled water.... I see no health warning for this use.

I suspect the argument could shift towards the nicotine component of ecigs, should VG/PG dangers be officially debunked... The tobacco lobby claim ecigs are a tobacco product (LOL) but think about the nico... It could be their winning argument. Here is a thought, how do they make the nicotine fluid we vape? Is it synthetically created? Is it extracted from tobacco? If the later, they could have a winning argument.
    Last edited by dnar; 25-01-14 at 01:10 PM.
    spud likes this.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

AVF Regular
    i know i'd much prefer go 10km over the speed limit on the right side of the road than go barelling down the wrong side into oncoming traffic! it really doesn't bother me what the long term risks of vaping are. they are surely hugely less than smoking. that's the point the nay sayers seem to be deliberately missing.
    Fatman, mrsgruffy and dnar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i know i'd much prefer go 10km over the speed limit on the right side of the road than go barelling down the wrong side into oncoming traffic! it really doesn't bother me what the long term risks of vaping are. they are surely hugely less than smoking. that's the point the nay sayers seem to be deliberately missing.
    Bingo! +10 likes

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.