Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Doctor posing as health expert exposed as Pharma shill

Doctor posing as health expert exposed as Pharma shill

Sky News viewers were hoodwinked into thinking that they were watching the views and opinions of a medical expert acting in her capacity as an impartial Doctor explaining concerns about electronic cigarettes - when, in fact, they were watching a Pfizer spokesperson attack a competitor product.

You see, Dr Sarah Jarvis, Pfizer spokesperson, now dubbed 'The Sky News E-cig Liar', came on to the screen to declare that :

1 - There are huge variations in the level of nicotine in e-cigs
    2 - They contain antifreeze and 'cancer causing chemicals'

You see, Sky News didn't actually mention that Dr Sarah Jarvis is sponsored by Pfizer, a pharmaceutical company that produces Champix and other drugs like Nicotine Replacement Therapy
    - a company that is in direct competition with electronic cigarettes.
    Gluggler's Blog: the Pfizer links of Dr Sarah Jarvis, the Sky News E-cig Liar

Super Moderator
    You would think after 6 years or so of this I would be immune to this sort of thing ..... apparently not ( blood boiling )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Disgusting behaviour from Pfizer. Clearly getting more desperate as their NRT sales decline and PV sales increase. I hope someone sends SDky News a rebuttal on that report and points out what they have been a party to.

2nd attempt ... Never give up, giving up. OMG I am going to be rich soon, look how much I have saved!

AVF Regular
    grrrr! pineapple that. no wonder there's reports that the increase in sales of ecigs has stalled. with garbage like that out there, people would just be too scared to try them. she makes it sound as if vaping is as bad as, if not worse than, smoking. saying they contain "EVERYTHING from cancer causing chemicals to antifreeze" infers that there's a whole gamut of terrible ingredients that are going to kill you dead after a puff or 2. lord knows how any of us have survived this far(!)

Strangely I dont blame Pfizer as much as the GP - we know BPs agenda, and Sky News for that matter too, but we might reasonably expect that someone with the title of MD can be relied upon to behave better than some low rent shill.

I would like to think this clown will be struck off the register and ran out of town by the MDs wearing the White Hats - but Im not holding my breath...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Saying they contain "EVERYTHING from cancer causing chemicals to antifreeze", isn't entirely untrue.
    PG is used as antifreeze but that doesn't mean it is bad.
    Cancer causing chemicals, possibly, depending on the juice being used but traditional NRT has these same chemicals, just in higher amounts.
    essiemessy likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    to be honest, i dont think any more of these lies would affect the vaping community. The current vapers already know the benefits of vaping and that all negatives are lies, and new vapers or going-to-be vapers probably dont even care knowing that vaping is definitely still safer then smoking. So, we can say, to hell with all the lies!!
    essiemessy likes this.

I love how the ANTZ feel good about themselves for pushing the sales to minors ban. It's one of the most pathetic displays of self gratitude because they dont even push for it for the protection of children. They do it because they think a ban on sales to minors will piss the e-cig industry off by affecting their profits.

Sales figures to minors is not even something e-cig companies bother with. I'm sure most e-cig company CEOs don't even click on news articles titles "e-cigs to be banned to minors". Its of no concern.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Saying they contain "EVERYTHING from cancer causing chemicals to antifreeze", isn't entirely untrue.
    PG is used as antifreeze but that doesn't mean it is bad.
    Cancer causing chemicals, possibly, depending on the juice being used but traditional NRT has these same chemicals, just in higher amounts.
    not me saying it. it's what the "health expert" said in the sound bite.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    grrrr! pineapple that. no wonder there's reports that the increase in sales of ecigs has stalled. with garbage like that out there, people would just be too scared to try them. she makes it sound as if vaping is as bad as, if not worse than, smoking. saying they contain "EVERYTHING from cancer causing chemicals to antifreeze" infers that there's a whole gamut of terrible ingredients that are going to kill you dead after a puff or 2. lord knows how any of us have survived this far(!)
    First, 'do no harm' much?
    Struck off or censured at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast