• 3 Post By Rossco
  • 4 Post By Christian R
  • 5 Post By gtadmin
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 2 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By Old Dog

Thread: The Slippery Slope

The Slippery Slope

This came through Twitter from Chris Snowdon, and a lot of this sort of stuff passes my desk about the slippery slope, how State funded
    'Single Interest Fanatic' groups are using the successful Tobacco Control template to further their agenda.

Velvet Glove, Iron Fist: Plain packaging for food

I wouldn't normally bore you all with it but it's about Chappy, and thought it may be of interest.

Also, through the links I ended up with this interview where this young libertarian whipper snapper drills Chappy a new one.

Made my day ! Great to see him squirming. and looking decidedly uncomfortable

Nannying Tyrants: People Are Mobile Billboards Too

Notice how when forced to answer reasonable questions, he automatically resorts to ad hominem attacks.

I'm pretty sure that he dreams the Godber Blueprint.

Excellent post. Chapman is like anyone who takes a completely black and white view of their beliefs, the only right way is their way. I was an Academic for several years and have engaged in these type of discussions and unfortunately, logic and science does not work with these kind of people. They have their view and they honestly look down their noses in the belief that if you do not agree with them, then you are intellectually inferior.

The funny thing about these people, was that I had, (and I am not bragging, I am simply using this to illustrate my point) in the measure of the Academic World, proven my intellect to be far superior to theirs, yet, because I disagreed with their arguments, I was viewed by them as intellectually inferior.

You can never win an argument against such people, their minds are closed.

I really hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, it was not my intention, nor my nature or personality, it is just that I have been in these situations (discussions) many times.

The fact that Chapman had to personalise the discussion shows the weakness of his position. Unfortunately, it is a common method for those of his ilk.

I absolutely detest that prick. Control freak just wants to ban anything and everything.
    Last edited by Rossco; 28-01-14 at 05:17 PM.
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog and davee like this.

AVF Regular
    Not arrogant to me. Just how things pan out.

I find that people tend to close off at a certain level of understanding, it is as if they have reached the limits of their perception.

Closing yourself down is just a type of egotism that you can bask within with self righteous blissful ignorance.

The bonds of imprisonment are often self inflicted and only you, yourself can set you. yourself free.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    I absolutely detest that prick. Control freak just wants to ban anything and everything.
    Phewww! I thought you were talking about me
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LMAO Chappy needs to hire someone in fashion, to address his wardrobe. That brown vinyl jacket was terrible!
    Almost as bad as his argument.
    GirlyPantz and Old Dog like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Phewww! I thought you were talking about me
    but that new mod BOB is a bugger
    GirlyPantz and gtadmin like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    LMAO Chappy needs to hire someone in fashion, to address his wardrobe. That brown vinyl jacket was terrible!
    Almost as bad as his argument.
    Chris Snowdon mentioned his fashion sense in the comments.
    Noe and GirlyPantz like this.