Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: UK government to ban e-cigarettes for under 18s

UK government to ban e-cigarettes for under 18s

UK government to ban e-cigarettes for under 18s

00:36 30 January 2014 by Andy Coghlan
    "Vaping" will soon be out for kids in the UK: plans to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to under-18s were announced last week by the government and could come into force within a year. The nation joins the 26 US states that have banned sales to minors on the basis that smoking e-cigarettes, or vaping, might tempt them to try smoking, which globally kills 6 million people each year.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24969-uk-government-to-ban-ecigarettes-for-under-18s.html"

No problems with this IMO. Nice balanced article as well. Still the same stuff from the pollys though.
    GirlyPantz and Old Dog like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Should be fine for the brats. They will still be able to source tobacco products. As they presently do, then switch when they are old enough to make a sensible decision!!!
    GirlyPantz, CMB, DanGibson and 2 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24969-uk-government-to-ban-ecigarettes-for-under-18s.html"

Take two

nope that didnt work either ??
    Last edited by margyb; 30-01-14 at 12:33 PM.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    I started smoking when I was 13 and I'm 20 in October (been smoke free for a few months now) and I completely support the restriction of sale to minors. Although there is always the potential that same as tobacco they could find a source for it all. I mean I never had a trouble finding tobacco products in Australia.

And if this ban is enforced in the UK who's to say the teens over there won't find ways to circumvent this law either.
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

If you're not winning, you should be learning from loss.

AVF Regular
    Fine, but they should raise smoking age to 18 (instead of 16) to be fair + impose same law for all caffeine laced drinks, but thats not gonna happen because all they are really doing is prepping the population for taxation and stigmatisation
    GirlyPantz, Robray and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    And if this ban is enforced in the UK who's to say the teens over there won't find ways to circumvent this law either.

They do and they will. If they are really lucky, they choose the black market in Vape gear and not tobacco?
    GirlyPantz, spud and Pipesub like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    Fine, but they should raise smoking age to 18 (instead of 16) to be fair + impose same law for all caffeine laced drinks, but thats not gonna happen because all they are really doing is prepping the population for taxation and stigmatisation

Hmm, didnt know it was sixteen.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Hmm, didnt know it was sixteen.

Thought so its 18

Age 18

You can buy tobacco, cigarettes and alcohol.

Your rights | Crime and the law | Explore | ChildLine

... yes, and while they're at it, stop drs/pharma from encouraging parents to use drugs to keep naturally curious, active kids compliant and docile ... who knows how these drugs can affect undeveloped brains ..." what about the chillun' " indeed !!!
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog, spud and 3 others like this.

Well, I tried. Honestly, I tried my hardest to find atleast one f**k to give, but I had none.

Just couldn't give a f**k about this issue.

(btw This is not an attack on Pipesub for posting this thread).

What I'm saying is that I've always considered vaping, nicotine or no nicotine, to be something done only by those 18 and over, and ecig vendors have always taken the initiative to not sell to minors anyhow. So it's completely a non issue to me and probably to most ecig businesses.

The only thing I'm disgusted by is how those who pushed for this law are self congratulating each other for a job well done. I would love the chance to bescumber on their heads from a very tall building. A suitable sunshower for their pompous circle jerking party.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast