Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Glasgow 2014: E-cigarettes banned from all venues

Glasgow 2014: E-cigarettes banned from all venues

Glad I don't live in Scotland.

“We were asked about e-cigarettes and said we would consult with public health authorities. What we are now confirming, after taking advice from those agencies, and also for the avoidance of doubt, is that e-cigarettes and other smoking simulators will not be allowed to be used at competition venues.”

Mr Zealey said the products would not be confiscated if people were carrying them, but they would not be allowed to use them in the venues or within their defined perimeters.

“The ultimate sanction would be for them to be asked to leave the venue, but hopefully it would not come to that,” he said.

The decision was backed by campaign group Action on Smoking and Health Scotland. Chief executive Sheila Duffy said: “The Commonwealth Games will showcase excellence and aim to build a healthy legacy for the next generation.

“Providing smoke-free environments during events will help deliver on that commitment, and the decision to exclude e-cigarette use should make enforcement more straightforward and also help put the appearance of smoking cigarettes out of fashion.”
    Glasgow 2014: E-cigarettes banned from all venues - The Scotsman
    margyb, mavinry4 and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    but feel free to get drunk off your tits and Thump the s##t out someone, gotta luv the scotts(yea I am one , well 1/2 one)
    DanGibson, spud and lou like this.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

What you need in this case is a mod built in to your cap or sunnies. A small clear tube ruining from behind your ear to your mouth, a bit like a headset. Then adjust your PG/VG mix to minimize the clouds. Stealth.

I have another great idea for a stealth vape, one that is not so much stealth, as disguis that no one would ask you to stop, but I will keep that private until I have one built...
    tugboatofdeath, maggie and lou like this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    What you need in this case is a mod built in to your cap or sunnies. A small clear tube ruining from behind your ear to your mouth, a bit like a headset. Then adjust your PG/VG mix to minimize the clouds. Stealth.

I have another great idea for a stealth vape, one that is not so much stealth, as disguis that no one would ask you to stop, but I will keep that private until I have one built...
    Or you could just watch the games at home on the teev, and vape to your hearts content, and let the public health authorities explain it to the games organisers.

Bet they still serve alcohol at the events!!!!! Along with fat and sugar laden foods and drinks, cause its ok to normalise obesity and drunkenness.
    Old Dog, Master Sergeant and DaveJ like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

and also help put the appearance of smoking cigarettes out of fashion.”
    I wonder which world she lives in where smoking is fashionable in 2014 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I wonder which world she lives in where smoking is fashionable in 2014 ?
    "Family Friendly" is the new fashion, I always try and avoid events or venues advertised as "Family Friendly" as they are usually tedious, mind numbingly boring, and filled with smug parents of badly behaved children, who have no idea how annoying they are. There are few places where adults can enjoy sanctuary these days, away from children, and the sanitation of every behaviour or object that may come under the all seeing eyes of "the chilluns". I love kids, (well some of them), I just don't want them around me at every social event, or be banned from enjoying small pleasures like vaping, or having an alcoholic drink, in the company of adults, because some people insist on dragging their progeny everywhere with them.
    Old Dog, JenJ, maggie and 1 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

AVF Regular
    haha the cnts cant stop anybody stealthing and thats the good thing about vaping. beer can boxmod ftw
    spud and steve.c like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    haha the cnts cant stop anybody stealthing and thats the good thing about vaping. beer can boxmod ftw
    You could also have a coffee cup mod, then they would think the vapour was just your really hot cup of coffee, you could even have a nice coffee vape to go with it lol or just keep your mod hidden in a paper coffee cup. Wouldn't "look" like smoking at all, just someone who like to drink boiling coffee
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    "Family Friendly" is the new fashion, I always try and avoid events or venues advertised as "Family Friendly" as they are usually tedious, mind numbingly boring, and filled with smug parents of badly behaved children, who have no idea how annoying they are. There are few places where adults can enjoy sanctuary these days, away from children, and the sanitation of every behaviour or object that may come under the all seeing eyes of "the chilluns". I love kids, (well some of them), I just don't want them around me at every social event, or be banned from enjoying small pleasures like vaping, or having an alcoholic drink, in the company of adults, because some people insist on dragging their progeny everywhere with them.
    It's been a long time since our kids attended the local primary school but we would always go along to the yearly fete and other gatherings like carols by candlelight.

Beer and wine would be available and the school would be able to raise some badly needed funds from the sale, and you got to speak with the teachers and other parents in a friendly social atmosphere.

I was talking to a neighbour recently who has two kids attending the school now, and alcohol was banned from these events a few years ago, then the food stalls had to provide 'nutritious' food and these events have now been cancelled due to poor attendances.

I'm glad that our little ones are all big grown ups !

AVF Regular
    its just practice for all the BS they'll get fed when they grow up. feed them denial and lies now, don't let them see you drink, smoke, vape, swear or anything that might offend the mythical laws of the upright citizen.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast