Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Buffaloo
  • 1 Post By Buffaloo
  • 1 Post By banger

Thread: Electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are prohibited in Victoria

AVF Regular

Electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are prohibited in Victoria

I Realize this is an old publication and republished in october 2013, does anyone have more information about this as it seams that if this is correct even the possession of a PV with nicotine is prohibited, would they press charges in possession of a prohibited drug containing device ?

'Electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are prohibited in Victoria' retrieved from the health.vic.gov.au document library

1 - In Victoria it is illegal to manufacture, sell, supply, purchase or otherwise obtain, possess or use an electronic cigarette or cartridge containing nicotine.

2- There are advocates within the media who suggest that electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are therapeutic goods when used as an aid in withdrawal from smoking and can therefore be legally imported for personal use. These suggestions are incorrect and misleading.

3- Some electronic cigarettes and cartridges may be advertised as “nicotine-free”. Unless such products are tested and found to be nicotine-free by accredited laboratories, suppliers and potential consumers cannot rely on such marketing claims.
    Might print it out and take it down to the cop shop and see if i can talk to someone about it. My main question is if using a PV with only PG/VG that i mix my self what's the go on that.
    Aussie Vaper likes this.

I'd just let them do the test if they ever confiscate it.

Those rules are very broad, they haven't defined what the electronic cigarette is. Would a e pipe with a Genny not be outside those rules?

AVF Regular
    I guess my question is more does anyone have any other information about this topic in the form of actual legislation and law, not just a brochure put out by vic health.
    Aussie Vaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've said this before.... The coppers have more important things to worry about than ex smokers puffing on a PV

But I will recommend, If you are ever pulled over, for what ever reason, I wouldn't be blowing massive clouds in the coppers face.

No nic should be no problem, as that is NOT illegal

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Maybe read this before you do anything

QuitLine Vic complaint

and this

So I spoke to the Victorian Police today...
    Buffaloo likes this.

So, are Nicobate inhalers and cartridges illegal in Vic? they have no battery and produce no vapour but they're still a means of obtaining nicotine ( and plenty of it)!
    with no limit on how many we can buy and available on Supermarket shelves ... hypocrisy!!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by banger View Post
    Maybe read this before you do anything

QuitLine Vic complaint

and this

So I spoke to the Victorian Police today...
    Thanks for those links, i've not been having much luck with the search lately,

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffaloo View Post
    Thanks for those links, i've not been having much luck with the search lately,
    no one has, she broken

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I went to local cop shop and asked them about them personally, They dont give two shits.

That BS health department doc has been around for a few years now. Every now and then the date just gets a facelift. It's scare mongering and nothing else.
    Some interesting reading :

?? Electronic cigarettes containing nicotine are prohibited in Victoria??

ecigs containing nicotine are prohibited in Victoria!!!!!!!

Help with legality
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it