Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By Olfella
  • 1 Post By Old Dog

Thread: The Conversation, What do we know about e-cigarettes.

The Conversation, What do we know about e-cigarettes.

Reasonably balanced article, but still giving far to much weight to the nonsense from the ANTZ groups. I think its fair enough to publish their theories, but they should be required to pony up with the peer reviewed, verifiable evidence, exactly as they expect vaping supporters to do.

Explainer: what do we know about e-cigarettes?
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Another good article from 'The Conversation', things are really amping up in the UK.

https://theconversation.com/e-cigare...nder-18s-22458
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

I love reading the comments on these articles..Lots of vapers telling it like it really is..
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    I love reading the comments on these articles..Lots of vapers telling it like it really is..
    Sometimes the comments are so much more informative than the article itself. I thought the second article was brilliant its good to see a positive message about vaping getting out there.

Silly Public Health Pharma shill chose to take comment !

Like this one ... editor had to take over for the poor traumatised novice. LOL

Professor Bauld, you have avoided addressing Miles' point. The inhalation of propylene glycol and nicotine has been approved as safe and is how Nicomist delivers nicotine.

We vapers are not interested in this or other medicinal products. Around 2 million of us are quite happy with the devices and liquid currently available.

Your Institute receives funding from CRUK, which also wants to "regulate" ecigs. CRUK receives funding from the Pharmaceutical Industry, whose NRT products are being rendered obsolete by ecigs.
    History is repeating itself. The Public Health Industry, of which you are a member, is responsible for the continuing ban on the sale of Swedish snus in the EU. Sweden has the lowest male smoking prevalence in the developed world and its male lung cancer incidence is around HALF that of the rest of the EU.

The more regulation there is on ecigs - limits on strength,bans on refillables and consequent price rises, bans on flavours, bans on use in cars, non residential buildings and secure mental hospitals - the more people will continue smoking tobacco and die early from lung cancer. This is as certain as night follows day.

Your comments about batteries give the game away. We sometimes read about mobile phones exploding and I don't hear Public Health clamouring for a ban on them. There are two possibilities. You either have a moral objection to recreational nicotine use or you are doing the bidding of your paymasters.
    If you're a young graduate looking to specialize in Epidemiology, I'd avoid Tobacco Control for a career.
    spud likes this.