Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By sperex
  • 1 Post By spud

Thread: Will a Nicotine Patch Make You Smarter? (Scientific American)

Will a Nicotine Patch Make You Smarter? (Scientific American)

Not sure if this has been listed before - Will a Nicotine Patch Make You Smarter? [Excerpt] - Scientific American - Basically pimping a book, but a particular line from the excerpt made me grin.

“The whole problem with nicotine is that it happens to be found in cigarettes,” she told me. “People can’t disassociate the two in their mind, nicotine and smoking. It’s not the general public that annoys me, it’s the scientists. When I tell them about the studies, they should say, ‘Wow.’ But they say, ‘Oh well, that might be true, but I don’t see the point.’ It’s not even ignorance. It’s their preconceived ideas and inflexibility.”
    Old Dog, kay67kay, spud and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    Not sure if this has been listed before - Will a Nicotine Patch Make You Smarter? [Excerpt] - Scientific American - Basically pimping a book, but a particular line from the excerpt made me grin.
    If this has been posted before, it sure bears posting again. Good article, seems even scientists can't separate nicotine from smoking tobacco, or choose not to for ideological reasons, which makes it difficult for anyone studying the benefits of nicotine. This, to me, is a very sad state of affairs.
    Old Dog likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13