Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Mainstream UK Pharmacies start selling e-cigs

AVF Regular

Mainstream UK Pharmacies start selling e-cigs

I especially like this line in this article

Bootsís "internal communication" says: "Itís important that it doesnít look to the customer that we are advocating electronic cigarettes over NRT [nicotine replacement therapies] (because we arenít), and it is important that our show material doesnít mislead customers into thinking electronic cigarettes are licensed for cutting down or stopping smoking."
    GirlyPantz, Old Dog and lozza 82 like this.

AVF Regular
    That's covering all sides of the fence.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I like these lines,

"We agree that the products need to be licensed and we eagerly await MHRA [Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency] news when it comes.

In the meantime, we recognise high-quality e-cigarettes can have a role in reducing the harm caused by tobacco and other toxins found in conventional cigarettes.

For this reason we have chosen to offer customers a product from a manufacturer that operates the strictest quality control and is completely open with the ingredients used in the liquid nicotine."

Plain old common sense IMHO.

AVF Regular
    Boots will start selling Fontem’s Puritane in its pharmacies from 24 February 2014
    nice, but who's ever heard of this mob? i did a google search and they don't even have a functioning website yet

Its all about money. again, and this being an industry magazine, it doesn't surprise me at all. Pharmacies are businesses, and they can obviously see a market with e-cigs, and those on the shop floor will be seeing a decline in sales of "approved" NRT. Its a smart move to get into selling vape gear. Pity our own pharmacies are so restricted by our short sighted government and the parasitical "health" authorities. Might give small businesses a much needed boost.

I have no doubt that as we head into a recession in Australia, that businesses will have far less patience for interfering government nannies, particularly as the decline in tobacco sales continue, and vaping becomes more popular. When money talks, politicians listen.
    margyb likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Not so sure that the money thing will work so much atm .. maybe a bit later..but not yet .. govts a pretty ideology based atm and that may be a barrier to change .. having said that I have also seen that if a polictician has a wife who has a veiw.. under our current govt it could be possible to influence legislations amd programs through her..

Maybe converting the appropriate wife would be just the ticket?
    spud likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

I have no problem with walking into a pharmacy to buy nicotine ejuice, as long as prices are kept reasonable. I purchase caffeinated coca cola from the Pharmacy occasionally, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I don't agree that they should be the only brick and mortar stores allowed to sell flavoured nicotine ejuice between 1 and 36mg/mL.

I think unflavoured nicotine liquids between 36mg/mL and 100mg/mL (in bottles 250mL or above) should be available without a prescription, but I'm still undecided whether or not they should only be available from pharmacies only, mainly due to my opinion handling qualifications of the pharmacy vendors. The only exception would be 45mg/mL nicotine liquids that are used in prefilled cartomizers.

The fact that some pharmacies are willing to start selling vaping products at all is a positive step, but the public needs to be vigilant on any potential attempts by the pharmacies to monopolise the 1-36mg/mL flavoured nicotine liquid market. For the sake of maintaining the destruction of tobacco cigarette normalisation, the Government must ensure that Pharmacies never achieve a monopoly over the 1-36mg/mL premixed flavoured ejuice market.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 14-02-14 at 09:00 PM.
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    I have no problem with walking into a pharmacy to buy nicotine ejuice, as long as prices are kept reasonable. I purchase caffeinated coca cola from the Pharmacy occasionally, so it's not that big of a deal to me.
    You won't be buying nic juice ...

Boots will start selling Fontem’s Puritane in its pharmacies from 24 February 2014, while Lloydspharmacy initially offered NicoVentures’s Vype in a small number of pharmacies in December 2013 and then rolled it out across its 1,500 pharmacies last month (January 2014).
    We know that Vype is owned by BAT.

BAT's Vype E-Cigarette Review - First Thoughts - ECF InfoZone

But what is a Fontem’s Puritane ?

https://www.google.com.au/#q=Fontem%E2%80%99s+Puritane

Maybe it's Boots home brand in conjunction with J&J or GSK ?

Super Moderator
    they are just getting ready .. I would hedge my bets this is Boots sourcing their own OEM e-cigs and labelling them ?

Puritane Electronic Cigarette | E-Cigarettes | Puritane UK
    Old Dog likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    oops . tell a lie .. they are big Tobacco

Puritane in their terms and conditions lists the parent identity Fontem Ventures
    http://www.fontemventures.com/
    LinkedIn cites

"Fontem Ventures is dedicated to developing and growing a portfolio of innovative non-tobacco product opportunities in lifestyle consumer goods categories. Fontem Ventures B.V. is a fully owned subsidiary of Imperial Tobacco Group and is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands."

http://www.fontemventures.com/vapour.html

http://www.fontemventures.com/news1.html off to research Dragonite International now lol

AHA ! thought it sounded familiar ... its the Ruyan takeover group

"Dragonite International Limited (Stock Code: 0329) is listed on the main board of the Hong Kong stock exchange (since April 2001) and formerly known as ‘Ruyan Group (Holdings) Limited’. The Group is principally engaged in the production and sale of health care and pharmaceutical products, as well as property and securities investment. The Group is also engaged in an ongoing and rigorous research and development program focusing on a broad range of innovative healthcare, and pharmaceutical. "
    Last edited by Fatman; 14-02-14 at 10:37 PM.
    Old Dog and mavinry4 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast