Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By essiemessy

Thread: What about India's children - Big Pharma Nicotine Gum the new high

What about India's children - Big Pharma Nicotine Gum the new high

Nicotine gum is new high in face of tobacco ban - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror

"What is more worrisome is that even children, who are not hooked onto chewing tobacco or cigarettes, seem to be consuming it for kicks, its ease of availability fuelling their habit. Moreover, while the sale of cigarettes and operation of paan stalls are not allowed within 100 yards of educational institutions in the state, the sale of this gum has no such rules."

AVF Regular
    Bloody hell!
    Shouldn't be surprised at the irony, eh?
    Donna likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Wrong forum ... nothing to do with the use of PVs or vaping in general ( imo) ... What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Wrong forum ... nothing to do with the use of PVs or vaping in general ( imo) ... What's the point?
    Maggie, I think this is very pertinent to our situation because all of the anti vaper dogooders generally say two things. The first one is that "ec's/pv's have not been tested or approved for use - unlike Big Pharmas NRT" and "what about the children becoming addicted to cigarettes via a gateway effect".

So for me, these two things go hand in hand. What the OP article does is show that "tested and approved NRT gum products" are no better than "non tested and non approved ecigs" in stopping kids trying/using nicotine in one way shape or form. And, more importantly, prohibition doesn't work.

I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Probably belongs in the off topic forum, maybe mods could move. Hilarious article anyway My GAWD how dare people enjoy a "mild high", using something that doesn't harm their health!!!! How can the puritans of this world allow this to continue, people being mildly stimulated left, right and centre. Something must be done, they should just ban everything that can cause a mild high, no more coffee, no more lollies, no more energy drinks or gums, no more nice cuppa teas, no more enjoyment, no more falling in love, no more celebrating anything, no alcohol, no more dancing, singing, eating food that tastes nice, drinking anything but water, exercising or at least exercising and actually enjoying it, no games, movies, damn there are just so many things that can cause a "mild high".

In fact, I think they should ban anything that makes people even slightly happy, laughter and happiness are known to produce a mild stimulatory effect, akin to a mild high!!!! BAN IT.

What a world we live in, I'm writing this post thinking that I'm being sarcastic, and OTT, but at the same time I wonder if I'll look back on this post in a few years and it will be more prophecy than joke.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13