Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: two small silly questions...

AVF Regular

two small silly questions...

1.) Would it be possible for an individual to get their 100mg nicotine or even snus via special prescription.. say as an experimental therapy? (not ideal but its a question until laws happen)

2.) With all the misinformation say about snus and vaping and nicotine.. has there been a class action anywhere in the world? if so what happened? if not...Would it work?

I unno they are just small thoughts I have had and thought someone might know before I run to google and others
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    1. Ask your GP, or shop around for one with functioning ears and sympathy gland.
    2. No idea, but I'd really like to know, leading to "say that shit anymore and We'll bring a civil suit for contributory negligence leading to manslaughter against you"

AVF Regular
    LOL Rebelatm

I went into chemist warehouse ages ago and showed them my ecig I asked if I had a prescription for liquid nicotine would they be able to get me some.
    Pharmacist checked computer and said no they wouldnt be able to get it for me.
    Pharmacist asked where I got the liquid nicotine from and I said I imported it from China and USA. She said keep doing that then
    They hadnt heard or seen of electronic cigarettes and congratulated me on giving up smoking when I gave them a demo on how the ecig worked

LOL That would be over 18 months ago
    Rynxa, MrGruffy, spud and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    It could be interesting to find out what the process might entail though ....just in case... me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    LOL Rebelatm

I went into chemist warehouse ages ago and showed them my ecig I asked if I had a prescription for liquid nicotine would they be able to get me some.
    Pharmacist checked computer and said no they wouldnt be able to get it for me.
    Pharmacist asked where I got the liquid nicotine from and I said I imported it from China and USA. She said keep doing that then
    They hadnt heard or seen of electronic cigarettes and congratulated me on giving up smoking when I gave them a demo on how the ecig worked

LOL That would be over 18 months ago
    spud likes this.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

Retired Account
    Yes you can get nicotine as a prescription, and that is how Coral Gartner from Qld uni is hoping to legitimately get nicotine for her guinea pigs in the big ecig trial she's running. I don't think that would apply to snus though.

AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    Even one victory is better then no victory .. think I might look into it a bit more .. just to satisfy my own curiosity .. I think usually that no law is air tight... so there must be a way for average joe.

Also in the face of such blatent research supporting ecigs and snus..and the positive impact of nicotine on the brain .. as well as the genetic makeup that makes many dependent on nicotine etc etc there must be legal breaches in relation to all this ban everything mentality.. like inadvertant manslaughter .. or inhumane treatment or something....

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Yes you can get nicotine as a prescription, and that is how Coral Gartner from Qld uni is hoping to legitimately get nicotine for her guinea pigs in the big ecig trial she's running. I don't think that would apply to snus though.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thankyou Margy will start there
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    If you read UK Vapers, they are preparing for a court case the minute the EU passes those ridiculous regulations. Haven't read the thread recently, but they do have lawyers and barristers working pro bono. They are also funding/supporting a vaping candidate at some election - sorry, I can't keep up with who represents who over there wrt British Parliament and EU pollies
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

Also in the face of such blatent research supporting ecigs and snus..and the positive impact of nicotine on the brain .. as well as the genetic makeup that makes many dependent on nicotine etc etc there must be legal breaches in relation to all this ban everything mentality.. like inadvertant manslaughter .. or inhumane treatment or something....
    Only problem is, someone has to be inadvertently slaughtered or inhumanely treated, which is a bit sad for said someone …….

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast