Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhojin

Thread: Public Submission by Australian Tobacco Alternatives Consumer Association

Super Moderator

Public Submission by Australian Tobacco Alternatives Consumer Association

Hi all

I was doing some research on snus and came across this National Drug Strategy - Public Submission by Australian Tobacco Alternatives Consumer Association

I Wasnt going to post this here untill I read this part "This is where electronic cigarettes come in.

“There is a need to better understand the potential risks and/or benefits of these products and determine whether there is a need to increase restrictions on their availability and use and identify the most appropriate policy approach for Australia.”

Electronic cigarettes vaporize a propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine solution that may or may not contain nicotine. Both of these base substances have been used for over 60 years in theatrical fog machines, in IV solutions and were even tested as a germicide in the 40’s with no health risks shown.

“There was no indication of histopathological effects in the kidneys of either species, and there were no hematological effects. No treatment-related effects were found in either rats or rabbits exposed to 300 or 1000 ppm.”
    For more information please visit : Science Direct website"

Now I know this is not news for a lot of people and this is from the 13 March, 2013 but I think there is loads of info and links to more info on this page

Hope you all enjoy the read (my appoligies if this has been posted before)

Edit: yep this has been covered before lol my bad
    Last edited by Rhojin; 18-02-14 at 12:19 AM.

Super Moderator
    lol since I am putting old info on here I might as well stick this in here someone might find it a good read over there early morning coffee

ESTOC - European Smokeless Tobacco Council - Quotes
    Mathy likes this.