Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NJOY doing the right thing despite Government's war on Ecigarettes?

NJOY doing the right thing despite Government's war on Ecigarettes?

From the article.......

“Our view is that we support reasonable, balanced regulation,” Weiss says. “I support ingredient disclosure, good manufacturing practices, age restrictions, and what I would call ‘reasonable regulation on advertising,’ meaning, for example, no using cartoon characters or advertising on Cartoon Network on Saturday mornings.”

Government War On E-Cigarettes Leaves Smokers Gagging | National Review Online
    Rynxa, Olfella and vaping_gal like this.

AVF Regular
    Nearly all ecig and vaping vendors and makers want sensible regulation. The only people against it seem to be the anti-vape and people who lose their minds when they hear the word, "regulation."

Need more companies and the trade groups to be a bit louder in their willingness to be sensibly regulated.
    steve.c and Donna like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

I would love to see our local vendors do four things at all times...
    1. Label their products with all ingredients (not their recipe)
    2 Recommended % use **
    3. Use Child safety lids
    4. Do a "Safe Food Handling Certificate" and advertise it on their websites to show consumers they know how to handle these ingredients in a clean and safe manner. Correct processes generally means that there are "no" accidents in contamination and concentrations.

** eg. this is a concentrate and we recommend using at 10%.
    this is a doubler and we recommend using at 50%
    this is a tripler and we recommend using at 33%

Not only would this type of action help me to decide who to buy from but it is good business practice and can only enhance the perception of DIY and the existing Australian way of doing it.

Don't get me wrong I have faith in some Vendors that don't have these things in place but it can only do more good than harm and more importantly show the powers that be that we are a responsible user group and industry if we work towards them.

My 2 cents worth.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I would love to see our local vendors do four things at all times...
    1. Label their products with all ingredients (not their recipe)
    2 Recommended % use **
    3. Use Child safety lids
    4. Do a "Safe Food Handling Certificate" and advertise it on their websites to show consumers they know how to handle these ingredients in a clean and safe manner. Correct processes generally means that there are "no" accidents in contamination and concentrations.

** eg. this is a concentrate and we recommend using at 10%.
    this is a doubler and we recommend using at 50%
    this is a tripler and we recommend using at 33%

Not only would this type of action help me to decide who to buy from but it is good business practice and can only enhance the perception of DIY and the existing Australian way of doing it.

Don't get me wrong I have faith in some Vendors that don't have these things in place but it can only do more good than harm and more importantly show the powers that be that we are a responsible user group and industry if we work towards them.

My 2 cents worth.
    As long as you dont mind paying nearly double the amount for your ejuice. That safe food and handling cert requires inspections and and licenses and they cost the vendor, which will be passed on to us. And if its regulated i reckon you wont have to worry about doublers and triplers as theyll be no nic to add. Youll be buying premixed only. I reckon thell stop nic importation for personal use imo.

A safe food handling certificate costs a couple of hundred dollars. I'm not advocating anything else, nor can there be anything else - they are not preparing food so there are no inspections or licenses required.

AVF Regular
    A big part of being a juicer is the concentrates and extracts being used. I'm not sure I'd be want to "force" juicers to list their supplier. It's almost as good as giving up their recipe.
    I do like super good labeling though.
    Words are fun.

Yes I agree Rynxa, that's why I said "no recipe". All I mean is something along the lines of Food grade/pharma grade ???
    65% PG, 30% VG, 5% artificial or natural flavour extracts (or whatever).

I have so many juices that I can't remember their pg/vg ratio and it would be good to know. I also have other bottles that I'm not sure if they are concentrates or doublers or what because they don't say.

EDIT: And there is definitely no "force" in it. Every Vendor can choose to do whatever they want to. These are just my suggestions.
    Last edited by Donna; 21-02-14 at 09:19 PM.
    Rynxa likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes I agree Rynxa, that's why I said "no recipe". All I mean is something along the lines of Food grade/pharma grade ???
    65% PG, 30% VG, 5% artificial or natural flavour extracts (or whatever).

I have so many juices that I can't remember their pg/vg ratio and it would be good to know. I also have other bottles that I'm not sure if they are concentrates or doublers or what because they don't say.

EDIT: And there is definitely no "force" in it. Every Vendor can choose to do whatever they want to. These are just my suggestions.
    Makes more sense!
    I like the labels VM uses, http://i.imgur.com/5VPHL9f.jpg
    Vapour Eyes also has some pretty good labeling.
    margyb, Fatman, Donna and 1 others like this.
    Words are fun.

Yep, those labels seem perfect "best by" or "manufactured date" is something I didn't think of but definitely worthwhile. Well done Vaping Mad.

AVF Regular
    A safe food handling certificate costs a couple of hundred dollars. I'm not advocating anything else, nor can there be anything else - they are not preparing food so there are no inspections or licenses required.
    Of course there will be inspections required. The goverment would be required to inspect the premises where the stuff is being made, the same as any factory/workfloor to issue a licence. They would be distributing consumable items to the public. And theres a lot more cost than just purchasing the licence, you have to meet requirements first and that costs money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast