Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mathy
  • 1 Post By justdanno
  • 3 Post By Mathy

Thread: blah

AVF Regular

blah

It's not really Blah, I was just previewing the post and hit the wrong button *eek!*

Anyways, here is a Guardian Article about the first advertisment for an e-cig on UK TV. What's interesting to read are the comments. This is where we and our allies could be turning opinion around. In the 4 months I've been vaping, and reading UK Vapers, who post a lot of pieces from the myriad of papers in the UK, EU and USA, they and their friends comment like crazy. Over the 4 months I've been reading, the ratio of the comments have begun to change from initially more negative versus positive, to the opposite direction.

Cigarette advertising back on TV: decades of campaigning up in smoke | Arwa Mahdawi | Comment is free | The Guardian

Personally, I feel we need to swim outside of our pond and ask the other fish in the pond to help us, which via the internet is entirely possible. In order to do that, we could be joining their forums and help by commenting on these sorts of media articles. Just a thought
    Last edited by Mathy; 21-02-14 at 08:18 PM.
    Olfella likes this.

Hmmmm. The journalist seems a little slanted in her reporting and perhaps a little under informed..."The numerous e- prefixes further obfuscate the potential health risks, making them appear less physical, more digital. However there is nothing electronic about the effects of nicotine..." I haven't read the related comments yet. But I no like her report at all. Sounds like what comes out of my brother in law's mouth...except that she missed out the part about "the chillen"!!!
    maggie likes this.

AVF Regular
    It wasn't posted for the journalism, it was posted for the quality of the comments to said article
    Robray, Olfella and justdanno like this.

Yep and I spent far too much time reading a page and a half of them.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    I really liked the comment:
    "Lets have prohibition of everything do gooders deem bad for us"
    And this:
    "e-cigs really, really annoy anti-smokers. The agony of watching smokers enjoy something without being able to complain and whine about it! Thank god they've started advertising to give the moral highgrounders something to get fretful and indignant about.
    On another note, we really must ban advertising for food. Childhood obesity in the UK is at epidemic levels, we cannot just allow McDonalds and Hovis and suchlike to poison our children's impressionable young minds blah etc"