Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Morning upsetting news - EU Tough Rules on E Cig

AVF Regular
    ah, forget it
    Last edited by kay67kay; 27-02-14 at 12:32 PM.

The problem is that you are so fixated on one issue that you just glossed over my hint at a key long term health problem that is starting to show up in males (possibly female) vapers that have vaped for over 2 years.

AVF Regular
    yeah, which has absolutely nothing to do with the eu parliament lumping ecig regulation in with saying smokes must have huge graphic pictures on them and it being a great leap forward for tobacco control.

Cool.

Enjoy yelling at clouds.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    The problem is that you are so fixated on one issue that you just glossed over my hint at a key long term health problem that is starting to show up in males (possibly female) vapers that have vaped for over 2 years.
    cop can you link me to any of the research re testosterone levels or health problems in females ??
    I havent come across anything yet

AVF Regular
    yeah, cop. how about starting a new thread about it and putting up some links. it is a genuine concern, but nothing to do with the eu parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    cop can you link me to any of the research re testosterone levels or health problems in females ??
    I havent come across anything yet
    There are whispers everywhere of hormone levels in long term vapers.
    Usually starting with "why am I tired/lethargic/can't sleep/gain wieght" etc
    Some vapers I know are now on hormone replacement therapy.

Not only nic but it may be sustained heavy PG or VG inhalation.

For women, nicotine is an aromatase enzyme inhibitor that affects estrogen levels so things like osteoporosis and early menopause come into play.

Figure 1: Effect of nicotine on brain aromatase availability in the female baboon. Representative baseline PET image coregistered with MRI at baseline and following injection of low dose (0.015 mg/kg) or high dose (0.03 mg/kg) nicotine. PET images show averaged frames acquired between 52.5 and 90 min after tracer injection, pseudocolored using the rainbow spectrum, with purple indicating the lowest density and red indicating the highest density of radioactivity (from Biegon, 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    yeah, cop. how about starting a new thread about it and putting up some links. it is a genuine concern, but nothing to do with the eu parliament.
    It has everything to do with it.
    Why shouldn't the EU regulate something that has unknown long term health affects?

Only a third of the nicotine from vapour I inahle makes it into my system, apparently.

Most cigarettes deliver about 1mg of nicotine.

I vape ~63mg total a day, which means I'm getting as much nicotine as if I were smoking 21 cigarettes a day.

Whatever nicotine is doing to my HPA axis, it's no different to what would be happening if I were smoking.

Minus the tar in my lungs. And that's the point.

I'm all for regulation, just not strangulation. 20mg/mL is too low for premixed ejuices. It should have stayed at 30mg/mL.

It's got nothing to do with addiction. It's all about throat hit. I'm satisfied with 0mg/mL nicotine first thing in the morning. I'm utterlly convinced that its all about throat hit. But all throat hit simulators Ive tried so far are shite.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 27-02-14 at 01:15 PM.
    Thereupon likes this.

How many people do you know had to take up hormone replacement therapy after smoking for two years?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast