Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Morning upsetting news - EU Tough Rules on E Cig

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    20mg is ok i dont know why people are winging. if you could buy 20mg premixed here id be pretty happy. Its a win as far as im concerned.
    It is a win for most. But it's still understandable why there is much uproar.

For me personally, whenever I buy premixed nicotine, I always buy 1x24mg/mL, and 1x18mg/mL, and combine the two to give me 21mg/mL. I'll have to give up buying premixed from the UK. Vaping at 20mg/mL might be ok for me, but I'd prefer to keep it the way it is. There are a lot of UK vapers that vape 24mg/mL.

Can't believe 24mg/mL is going to banned. It's ludicrous.

The biggest win however is that e-cigs have essentially been legitamitised. News articles can no longer say they aren't regulated.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 27-02-14 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernster86 View Post
    Doesnt this mean TV advertising is banned too? If so, thats ridiculous.
    Companies that can afford to advertise on TV, can afford lawyers to fight this in court. And they most certainly will. It's a ludicrous law.
    Ernster86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I'm convinced too. It's become more noticeable to me as I go along that a long vaping session makes me feel tired and sort of vaguely unwell. I keep noticing that many of the people who do youtube blogs on vaping have dark circles under their eyes and don't always look that healthy.

I'm really struggling with a conundrum at the moment too. I've had endless problems with sore throats and mouth, and often sore bronchial bits lately too. I had a nasty bout of bronchitis a few weeks ago. It took me a while to figure out what it was because I've never had bronchitis before.

I really cut back on vaping for a couple of weeks recently and all the above effects went away...I'm back vaping a lot again now and my mouth/throat/ and bronchial bits are sore and inflamed again. I'm really feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place because I can't go back to smoking and I can't resolve these issues with vaping either.

Sucks.
    For me it's not a chronic lethargy. It's something that I feel in less than a minute after vaping nicotine for the first time during the day.

This was the same when I was trying to give up smoking. I'd wake up, and say, that's it, don't need it. By 1pm, I'd be feeling more clearer, more energetic, and thinking to myself why I ever smoked in the first place. But eventually the craving would give in, and I'd rationalise to myself why its ok to have a cigarette.

I'd have one cigarette, and then as I walked back inside I'd feel tired, as though earth's gravity just increased by 30%. Arms weak, and pretty much in the 'f*ck it' state of mind. The same is much with vaping, but no where near as bad as from a cigarette. I honestly dont believe I put as much nicotine into my system as I would with a cigarette. I only have about 5 or 6 puffs from my ecig, and only a third of the nicotine absorbs into my system from vapour than that of a cigarette. But when I walk back inside, there is still that slight feeling of lethargy.

Because of the rapid effects, I'm more inclined to think that nicotine is binding to the nicotinic receptors in my muscles, or possibly acting as an acetylcholine antagonist to the acetylcholine receptors. The nicotinic receptors in the muscles are different to the ones in the brain (the sub-units differ). But it's still possible that nicotine partially/weakly blocks acetylcholine from binding and prevents muscles from functioning properly.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 27-02-14 at 08:53 PM.

AVF Regular
    I will just enjoy the things I do. I didn't give up smoking for health reason but for financial reason. If I need to think all these things where can I find time to enjoy my life. Life is actual shorter than expected even without taking accidental death into account.
    maggie and vaping_gal like this.
    Quit on 10.06.2013
    Ave Smoked: 15-20/Day for 22 years
    Spent on Smoke: $600/month when 1 pack = $18

AVF Regular
    I vape 6. so if the same rules come here i can still DIY with 20mg and have plenty left over. But I have enough 100mg to last me 10 or so years so i dont give a rats.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    It is a win for most. But it's still understandable why there is much uproar.

For me personally, whenever I buy premixed nicotine, I always buy 1x24mg/mL, and 1x18mg/mL, and combine the two to give me 21mg/mL. I'll have to give up buying premixed Contact a moderator!. Vaping at 20mg/mL might be ok for me, but I'd prefer to keep it the way it is. There are a lot of UK vapers that vape 24mg/mL.

Can't believe 24mg/mL is going to banned. It's ludicrous.

The biggest win however is that e-cigs have essentially been legitamitised. News articles can no longer say they aren't regulated.

I'm very much enjoying this thread. Even if it has strayed far from its original intent, I'm very interested in the individual effects that people are reporting. Because I'm feeling it right now. That daily lethargy. For a while there, I was convinced that nic juice was fine, so I'd vape to my last breath. But I feel as though my intake of nicotine is far more than it used to be when I was smoking, admittedly I was a pretty light smoker. And I'm feeling the worse for it. It's great for a night of partying (and I drink less as a result, since I'm able to stay awake). But being able to just vape anywhere at home during the day, I tend to just have a toot far too often (12mg), which I never used to do with the analogs. So please, keep sharing your experiences. I'm still trying to work this stuff out. But I don't think that what I'm doing at the moment is sustainable...
    ProVari 2.5 | Russian 91% | Aspire Nautilus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345