Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Testamonials Needed for Article in Fraser Coast Chronicle

AVF Regular

Testamonials Needed for Article in Fraser Coast Chronicle

We could really do with as many testimonials as possible in the e-cigarette article the Fraser Coast Chronicle. While it might be a regional paper it is important for people to see that it is not a case of e-cigarettes only work for a minority of smokers that try them.

Hervey Bay authorities cracking down on illegal e-cigarettes | Fraser Coast Chronicle
    Rynxa, Mathy and ginzy jenkins like this.

AVF Regular
    Why are the first comments about battery failure and fire, when the article is about the nic seizure? FFS!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post
    Why are the first comments about battery failure and fire, when the article is about the nic seizure? FFS!
    Gawd only knows but I have tried to put the fires out lol
    Mathy likes this.

Super Moderator
    GP .. maybe you can point the journos here E-cigarette / Personal Vapouriser Testimonials for Andrew Wilkie lots of testimonials for Vaping pollies and newshounds alike
    GirlyPantz and margyb like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Retired Account
    I can't log in, but if I could, I'd say: Nicotine imported into Australia is considered a schedule 7 poison. Schedule 7 poisons not specifically mentioned in this category aren't restricted from being imported. People importing nicotine as a schedule 7 poison are not permitted to make claims about it's therapeutic benefit. State laws trump federal law in relation to nicotine, and therefore the TGA trumps customs, but until the TGA specifically makes a decree about liquid nicotine which they then mandate customs to enforce, there is no law specifically banning nicotine liquid imports. It doesn't mean it's legal, it just means it's not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    It doesn't mean it's legal, it just means it's not illegal.
    It's a dagger above my head. When I read officers explicitly say "there is no legal way to import nicotine", I get the impression that they'd very much like to lower that dagger.

I need nicotine to calm this anxiety. Now I'm not so sure what exactly is keeping me on nicotine. My dependence, or the threat that nicotine will be eliminated for no good reason.

But I can relax knowing that a pack of Winfeild Gold 25's are always there waiting for me just five minutes up the road, right?

AVF Regular
    Mav, the vape of damocles should not deter you from the proper path.

Retired Account
    Mav, I feel exactly the way you do. If it wasn't for the fact that we have somehow weaned ourselves off to the extent that we are vaping 2mg and 5mg and we have imported enough nicotine to last us until the sun absorbs the earth, I'd be scared. I *need* nicotine. I'm not ready to give it up now, and I don't know if I'll ever be ready to give it up. I can easily go hours without a puff, but when the urge hits me, if I didn't have my EC with nic, I have absolutely no confidence that I wouldn't resort to buying a packet of cigarettes. I write that as someone who hasn't smoked a cigarette for over 15 months. I admire people who can transition to ECs without nicotine, but I'm not one of them. I find myself in a conflict because even with the very strict rules in the EU about nicotine, I'd be fine there. It seems I have an "out" since I have an EU passport! The socially conscious me dictates that it's not good enough that "she'llberoightmate". I want every smoker to have the opportunity that I've had. I needed 24mg/mL nicotine in a cigalike to stop smoking, and I believe that's what everyone should have available to them. According to Dr. Farsalinos, it should be 50mg/mL, and I believe what he has written to be good science, so that's what I want every smoker to be able to try as a vape.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Mav, the vape of damocles should not deter you from the proper path.
    I love it when someone points me in the direction of things like this. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Mav, I feel exactly the way you do. If it wasn't for the fact that we have somehow weaned ourselves off to the extent that we are vaping 2mg and 5mg and we have imported enough nicotine to last us until the sun absorbs the earth, I'd be scared. I *need* nicotine. I'm not ready to give it up now, and I don't know if I'll ever be ready to give it up. I can easily go hours without a puff, but when the urge hits me, if I didn't have my EC with nic, I have absolutely no confidence that I wouldn't resort to buying a packet of cigarettes. I write that as someone who hasn't smoked a cigarette for over 15 months. I admire people who can transition to ECs without nicotine, but I'm not one of them. I find myself in a conflict because even with the very strict rules in the EU about nicotine, I'd be fine there. It seems I have an "out" since I have an EU passport! The socially conscious me dictates that it's not good enough that "she'llberoightmate". I want every smoker to have the opportunity that I've had. I needed 24mg/mL nicotine in a cigalike to stop smoking, and I believe that's what everyone should have available to them. According to Dr. Farsalinos, it should be 50mg/mL, and I believe what he has written to be good science, so that's what I want every smoker to be able to try as a vape.
    Thank You so much more sharing that. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    I got to the point where I didn't care, and ran my stockpile down to a few weeks worth. Then ordered 6 months worth via the slow boat, almost ran out and still didn't really worry too much, probably because I knew I could express some without too much hassle if it got really desperate.

The funny thing, is I ordered an 18 month supply today despite having 6 months supply already, just because I don't like the eu and Harvey developments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast