Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Noe
  • 1 Post By ckane
  • 1 Post By BrianS
  • 5 Post By Fatman

Thread: Important Message from UK Vapers

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.

Important Message from UK Vapers

As a member on UKV, I was sent an email, which I thought was important to share here. I'm not sure how much we can help from Aus. but it is good to see this being done:

"Dear Noe
    As you may already know, the European Parliament has recently voted to accept the Tobacco Products Directive, including many new restrictions that will have a dramatic effect on Vaping as we know it today.

We at UKVapers.org are strongly against these restrictions and, if you are reading this, we're sure you are too.

There will be legal challenges in the courts and we should all keep the pressure on our elected representatives (MP's and MEP's) to make our views known. The Vaping community will rally together in many different ways - it always does.

In the meantime, there is an important "initiative" that has already been started - the European Free Vaping Initiative (EFVI).

EFVI: the European Free Vaping Initiative

The EFVI collects signatures of support - *but is much more than just a petition*. It's an official EU process (the EU designed it so we are using their own system against them!).
    As such, if enough support for an initiative is gained, the European Commission is committed to :-

1. Meet the organisers so they can explain in detail the issues raised in their initiative
    2. The organisers (vapers) will have the opportunity to present their initiative at a public hearing in the European Parliament
    3. The Commission will adopt a formal response spelling out what action it will propose in response to the citizens' initiative, if any, and the reasons for doing or not doing so.

For this to happen - we need 55,000 signatures from the UK (and 6 other European countries must also reach their target). Across Europe, we need 1 million signatures, by November 2014.

However much you think the new restrictions will (or will not) affect you personally, please don't let the EU take away the freedom of Vaping choices that we have enjoyed from potential vapers of the future.

We urge you (and your friends, family, work colleagues, neighbours etc etc) to support this initiative as much as possible.

UK Vapers Management
    UK Vapers "
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I dont know if its b/c its early or what .. but I couldnt work out how to sign this as an austrailian ...
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I tried to this morning, I guess you have to live in a euro country which is a shame. More people the better I would of thought.
    essiemessy likes this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    i dont know if its b/c its early or what .. But i couldnt work out how to sign this as an austrailian ...

vpn?---------
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    vpn?---------

Na, thats no good. Just tell a couple of porkies about where you live!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    good job i still have a uk address to use
    margyb likes this.

Super Moderator
    Good Post Noe , I got the same in my inbox this morning ....

I think the integrity of the submission/petition is something we as Aussies should be aware of , as it will be presented to the EU as part of a defined process, a great way for them to ignore it would be to prove ( if they can , I dunno?) that signatories were from outside the EU I would think .

As such the best we can do to show our support would be to inform all our mates in the EU that this needs looking at and signing !!

With vaping such a world wide community , we should try and give the EU Vapers as much quality support as we can , so if you have some mates over there , on your Skype, yahoo, MSN Messenger,email , etc programs, take the opportunity to say "Hi" to them and make sure they are aware of it and can contribute on our behalf

Preserves the integrity , and gets the message out there !
    Old Dog, Rynxa, Olfella and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Good Post Noe , I got the same in my inbox this morning ....

I think the integrity of the submission/petition is something we as Aussies should be aware of , as it will be presented to the EU as part of a defined process, a great way for them to ignore it would be to prove ( if they can , I dunno?) that signatories were from outside the EU I would think .

As such the best we can do to show our support would be to inform all our mates in the EU that this needs looking at and signing !!

With vaping such a world wide community , we should try and give the EU Vapers as much quality support as we can , so if you have some mates over there , on your Skype, yahoo, MSN Messenger,email , etc programs, take the opportunity to say "Hi" to them and make sure they are aware of it and can contribute on our behalf

Preserves the integrity , and gets the message out there !
    I agree FM, I looked at the signing process briefly this morning & thought that fudging the results would be detrimental.
    Even if you know non-smokers/non-vapers that live in Europe, asking them to sign it on your behalf is going to be the best idea but you can also share it on FaceBook or other social media & get the word out to European "buddies".
    They have until November to get the numbers they need for this, so there is plenty of time to get the word out & I'm sure there are enough vapers in Europe that will be affected by this & want to sign, so no need to fudge results.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!