Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Think of the children?

AussieVapers approved Vendor

Think of the children?

Just because I was a little bored and decided to look around for statistics.
    Now if kiddlies are supposedly 'at risk' from poisoning from e-liquid, they would surely they would also be 'at risk' from tobacco poisoning.

http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/pubs...6/injcat90.pdf doesn't even mention tobacco.

I did manage to find on vic health a mention of 30 poisoning out of 1960 (under 3%) for tobacco of which 16 were hospitalised.
    http://www.health.vic.gov.au/injury/downloads/child.pdf

Pharmaceuticals play a much larger role, mostly paracetamol, in the poisoning of infants.
    GirlyPantz, tom32, margyb and 4 others like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

Yes, even very young children emulate their parents. If we ate our cigarettes they would do likewise if given the chance. Pills look like lollies too so this doesn't help for pills. That said kids will eat things that I can only imagine taste pretty average...

All that said I am super carefull (less so now my youngest is nearly 4) with my nicotine juice. I make sure I keep it out of reach though the provari and maximum 3ml of liquid in tank will occasionally get left somewhere while I do something where I need two hands. I reckon we should urge vigilance but as you point out pills are like lollies and have no bitter taste when swallowed and end up with a higher probability of serious poisoning than even smokes that are left sitting on coffee tables all over the country.
    Last edited by tom32; 08-03-14 at 09:53 AM.

AVF Regular
    we seriously need to ban these:
    Of the most common agents resulting in ED presentations in Victoria,
    those requiring child-resistant packaging include antihistamines, tricyclic
    antidepressants, aspirin, paracetamol,
    cardiac medication, some antidiarrhoeals,
    carbamazepines and iron compounds

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    It's funny, I was thinking about my children when I switched to vaping. Thinking that I would like to be there to see my grandchildren, to be able to go for a run or a bike ride with my kids/grandkids without having a stroke or heart attack. Or ending up in palliative care ward with 4 types of cancer attacking seven different organs in my body. Wanted my kids to have an active father in their lives.

Makes me sick to my stomach to think that vaping is frowned upon more so than smoking sometimes.

Yup these same morons have no problem with giving SSRI's to children or mass dosing the entire population with one of Dr Mengeles favorite drug ie Fluorine and it's derivatives.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Fiat Iustitiae Ruat Caelum !

Look up the little tiny writing that accompanies every vaccine they want our children to take and then look up Mercury (Just think of Alice's Mad Hatter which was based on truth, the mad hatter that is)

Yet they are happy to add psychotropic medication to our water and neurotoxins to our vaccines

Ask how many parents have been charged with causing shaking baby syndrome within days of their kids being vaccinated.

Sorry if it's off topic but the duplicity from some sectors of the planet tends to increase my blood pressure hence the above examples

Retired Account
    Look out.. we have a new nutter!

AVF Regular
    I am with msgruffy ... perhaps if we put this one in a box it will be an example to the rest of them. Not content with clogging up facebook with useless shit, now coming to your favourite forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast