Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By spud
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 2 Post By mavinry4

Thread: Banning mid-range nicotine liquid volumes

Banning mid-range nicotine liquid volumes

So this was identified in definitions section of the Euro TPD. But it's wrong.

The problem for the Europeans however is paragraph 3a of article 20:

3. Member States shall ensure that:
    a) nicotine-containing liquid is only placed on the market in dedicated refill containers not exceeding a volume of 10 ml, in disposable electronic cigarettes or in single use cartridges and that the cartridges or tanks do not exceed a volume of 2 ml;

I think the goal should be to achieve ways of making it safe for the predicted future majority of vapers who only want to buy premixed eliquids, whilst not affecting already established vapers who are experienced with nicotine liquid handling and prefer to bulk buy and self-mix.

Banning mid-range volumes, 11mL to 124mL, might be one way to achieve this.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 10-03-14 at 10:01 AM.

Interesting Mav, I doubt many people would be carrying around a refill bottle of half a litre anyway. I take my ucan as a refill bottle while out and about, but have larger bottles at home. I would be a pain in the butt to only be able to buy juice in 10ml bottles though. Seems this would be easy to work around though given the wording of the directive.

When these laws are worded either very specifically, or very vaguely, it leaves the legal gates wide open for interpretation, and makes prosecution for breaches very difficult. This makes these type of laws pretty much useless in any real world sense. As in Australia at the moment where the legislation regarding nicotine is all over the place, prosecuting anyone would be difficult, which is probably why we have seen no prosecutions against vapers as of yet.
    mavinry4 and sushiaddiction like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    pollies aren't that smart Mav.
    mavinry4 likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    pollies aren't that smart Mav.
    I'm sure you're right. These laws in the TPD were most likely written by Big Pharma Lobbyists, and the pollies were told to just vote 'ye$'.
    spud and sushiaddiction like this.