Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Cigalike Patent Wars: Imperial Tobacco Group Sues NJOY, Blu & Others

Cigalike Patent Wars: Imperial Tobacco Group Sues NJOY, Blu & Others

Fontem Ventures/Imperial Tobacco Group Sues US E-cig Companies for Infringement — TobaccoToday

The suit alleges patent infringement, citing four patents that Fontem purchased as a part of a portfolio of intellectual property acquired in late 2013 from Dragonite International Limited, China, for $75 million.

This is what Ruyan was doing for years;

In February 2009, Ruyan released a press release saying that they had asserted patent rights to the e-cigarette in a key Chinese court ruling and that a rival manufacturer, Cixi E-cig, had been ordered to destroy its entire inventory and cease trading. Cixi E-cig responded that they had not been ordered to destroy their entire inventory or cease trading. A Chinese court had ruled that two of their products did infringe on Ruyan's intellectual property (both products contained piezoelectric technology) and they were required to stop producing only those.

In June 2012, Ruyan filed patent infringement lawsuits against six U.S. electronic cigarette manufacturers in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
    But now, since Imperial Tobacco owns Ruyan's patents, the legal fight will be fought with Big Tobacco money and Lawyers. This is going to be interesting.

Puritane will be the new King...... of the cigalikes.

Last edited by mavinry4; 11-03-14 at 12:15 PM.

Well as long as forums like this are around they won't be the king of much. Outdated crap that it is.
    mavinry4, spud, maggie and 1 others like this.

Kind of like watching seagulls squabbling over a piece of cardboard they think is a french fry.
    Old Dog, spud and maggie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Kind of like watching seagulls squabbling over a piece of cardboard they think is a french fry.
    EXACTLY! How can these companies have such a ridiculous amount of money to chuck into a legal battle, but can't spend a couple hundred thousand developing a decent 2nd/3rd gen device that would actually work?
    spud likes this.

Hopefully Hon Lik will make something out of it.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, I suspect we'll see a deluge of new innovative nicotine delivery devices come on the market, like this one today ...

eNT is a healthcare company committed to reducing the harms associated with combustible tobacco products. eNT is developing the next generation of state-of-the-art electronic nicotine delivery products that quickly and dramatically reduce smoking urge while using 40-70% less nicotine than cigarettes or existing e-cigarettes. eNT’s products deliver consistent doses of nicotine and emit no secondhand vapor, giving consumers a discreet and satisfying nicotine experience anytime, anywhere.
    CHAPEL HILL, N.C.: e-Nicotine Technology to Bring Electronic Nicotine Delivery Products to Market to Address Key Unmet Needs for Smokers and the Public Health Community | Business Wire | Rock Hill Herald Online
    margyb, spud and avtek like this.

Lol, they still don't get it do they, its not all about the nicotine. Without the "thick clouds of vapour", vaping wouldn't work for me. Without the actions of smoking, that can be replicated by vaping, it wouldn't have worked for me.

These things are just another silly inhaler type product, trying to satisfy the ANTZ concerns, not a smoker's needs. I predict they will fail like every other pharma designed NRT.

There are no issues with "second hand vapour", this is just used as the "problem" (although it isn't one), in order for this pharma company to supply their "solution". These days a pharma company can make all sorts of "health" claims, without so much as a question mark about whether these "health" problems even exist.
    Last edited by spud; 11-03-14 at 12:08 PM.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    Lol, they still don't get it do they, its not all about the nicotine. With out the "thick clouds of vapour", vaping wouldn't work for me. Without the actions of smoking, that can be replicated by vaping, it wouldn't have worked for me.

These things are just another silly inhaler type product, trying to satisfy the ANTZ concerns, not a smoker's needs. I predict they will fail like every other pharma designed NRT.
    and cost $$$$$$$$$$$
    spud likes this.

]6⁹.12[

eNT’s technology enables the development of products that do not look like cigarettes or e-cigarettes and emit no secondhand vapor, which prevents family members or the public from being exposed to the thick plumes of chemicals from existing e-cigarettes,

So, is this another spray? what are the ingredients? .. and what are the thick plumes of chemicals they're waffling about
    Old Dog and spud like this.

These companies would like nothing more than to put up a big billboard poster with a picture of what looks like a cigarette knowing that the advertisement control agencies cant touch them.

Dont be fooled. They'd much prefer you to buy their smokes.

SC would love this pic.

For decades the Tobacco Control ideology has been that you must first suffer, then completely abstain from nicotine.

Vaping is a nightmare for them, and they're running out of reasons to demonize it.

Good isn't it.
    spud and Christian R like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast