Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: "Have you reduced the nic in your liquid yet?"

"Have you reduced the nic in your liquid yet?"

Yes, that was the question I was asked today by my bestie (non smoker). Seriously woman?!? I haven't even been off the ciggies for a month yet, give me a freakin break!!
    Cath Mort, spud and DaveJ like this.
    Being a mumma, Tattoos, Piercings and now vaping are my thing!

"Bipolar disorder can be a great teacher. It's a challenge, but it can set you up to be able to do almost anything else in your life." - CARRIE FISHER

Assuming that's everyone's goal, which it isn't (I have no preference in reducing the nic level).. though it's understandable, because the general public believe nicotine to be toxic or one of the main issues with tobacco. Pure nicotine is one of the lesser worries IMO. I don't wish to promote nic, though it seems to have been unnecessarily demonized over the years through inaccurate anti-smoking campaigns. I still recall the TV ads saying "Nicotine.. a deadly drug", which is a half truth.. a box of paracetamol is also deadly.
    Cath Mort and spud like this.

Oops, posted in the wrong section, sorry!!

"Bipolar disorder can be a great teacher. It's a challenge, but it can set you up to be able to do almost anything else in your life." - CARRIE FISHER

That's right, at this point in time I have no desire to lower my nic, or reduce the amount that I use my PV, which she also asked.

AVF Regular
    Vape your freakin head off as much as you want, and then some more for good measure!!!
    HoleyMumma likes this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Vape your freakin head off as much as you want, and then some more for good measure!!!
    My thoughts exactly

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HoleyMumma View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by HoleyMumma View Post
    Yes, that was the question I was asked today by my bestie (non smoker). Seriously woman?!? I haven't even been off the ciggies for a month yet, give me a freakin break!!
    Ask her if she's started drinking lite beer

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I'm taking the position of "highest priority" with regards to vaping and nic reduction.

My highest priority is to keep off the smokes. I vape a lot and have no immediate intention of slowing down. I've stayed at 18 mg/ml since soon after I started, again with no immediate intention to lower it (unless I start to have symptoms similar to others which suggest my body wants me to).

If and when I feel I can safely and without fear of "falling off the wagon" reduce volume and strength of my vaping and nic intake, then I will consider it, but not a moment sooner. I do not feel that time will arrive any time soon for me. I am not particularly worried about that - I believe I have significantly reduced my health risks and I accept any consequences of that choice.

You have to make that choice for yourself. You should make it for yourself and not because it is expected of you.
    MrGruffy, maggie, Altered1 and 1 others like this.
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

As usual I do things arse about.
    Started on no nic juice,then after a while realised I "needed it" and still mostly vape at 24mg.(some 18mg)
    Not wishing to lower at the moment,no idea about the future.
    Better by magnitudes than the stinkies.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

I have no intention of lowering my nic level at this point. but then seeing that I have only been smoke free for about a month. Who knows maybe later when I have been smoke free for some time I may begin to lower my nic levels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast