Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: acquiring documents on Nicotine sales in Australia

AVF Regular

acquiring documents on Nicotine sales in Australia

wondering if anyone has any supporting documents, or even what your opinion may be on my question..
    Could it be possible that the government has banned the sale of nicotine products inside of Australia because they're making billions of dollars through cigarette taxes? are they worried that the sale of ecigarettes with nicotine would reduce the money made on taxes? does the benefit of making obscene amounts of money from taxes outweigh the benefit of a healthier country?

You cant be serious! To think our Government would do this! How dare you mention taxes!

No no, they are protecting us. After all the long term effects of vaping are not known and no studies have been performed.

Sarcasm. One of lifes few remaining pleasures...

In their eyes a healthier revenue is more important than national health. Do you realise how much money this tax pulls in? A good government would have implemented fiscal policy that removed the dependance on this tax by now.
    Last edited by dnar; 21-03-14 at 02:26 AM.
    GirlyPantz, spud, Mathy and 2 others like this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

AVF Regular
    Hey JLManos, go to The CounterFactual for a thorough read on the politics of tobacco and pharmaceutical companies, the taxes and implications of the losses thereof, start at the beginning - comments from others very illuminating. Clive Bates is an ex Executive Director of ASH UK (Action on Smoking and Health - UK)

Would our Government do any of this? Of course!
    GirlyPantz, spud and maggie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post

No no, they are protecting us.
    LOL, when did they start doing this?? :P

Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    wondering if anyone has any supporting documents, or even what your opinion may be on my question..
    Could it be possible that the government has banned the sale of nicotine products inside of Australia because they're making billions of dollars through cigarette taxes? are they worried that the sale of ecigarettes with nicotine would reduce the money made on taxes? does the benefit of making obscene amounts of money from taxes outweigh the benefit of a healthier country?
    Nicotine inhalers are available here but there's no way I'm paying their ridiculous prices. Prices of cigarettes have been going up by about 45 cents every month on a pack of 25's where I live for the last 6 months at least. Studies have been done on these nicotine inhalers that are on the market now. I was part of the trials (guinea pig) at Sir Charles Gardener some years ago, it payed some good coin too.

The way I see it, they are doing this not to pay for medical costs for the smokers that end up in hospital and our future health, but for the shortfall in their bottom line because of the amount of smokers that are quitting, and because they can get away with it, much like alcohol, another overpriced product.

They are protecting a few multibillion $ companies for the monopoly and cashing in on it all... inhalers, gum, patches and those crappy nicotine mints. All other nicotine products are coming from the Asian region and quality control is nothing like what it is in Western countries and harder to control.

There's a lot of back scratching going on...
    maggie, oxey and ouspensky72 like this.

I wish folk would stop promoting/using the word ecig... it annoys the crap outta me... we're not using cigarettes and we're not smoking ffs ... rant over, nothing personal ...
    GirlyPantz, CMB, spud and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    If the govt was really interested in the health benefits of people getting off smokes by increasing taxes, they would not budget for it, and treat it as a surplus. Same for speeding fines

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
    spud and oxey like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    don't get me started on speeding fines
    Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    If the govt was really interested in the health benefits of people getting off smokes by increasing taxes, they would not budget for it, and treat it as a surplus. Same for speeding fines

Altered1 and oxey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I wish folk would stop promoting/using the word ecig... it annoys the crap outta me... we're not using cigarettes and we're not smoking ffs ... rant over, nothing personal ...
    I actually use an electronic cigarette for it's intended purposes. Well I will do when I can source some more cartridges.... Obviously I'm in the minority and probably shouldn't even be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post

If our government had any interest in our health at all, they wouldn't allow the sale of tobacco or alcohol. Increased taxes.... they're just scraping more cream off the top from the poor, stupid and ignorant. Myself being one of them, for the time being.
    cirrus76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    I actually use an electronic cigarette for it's intended purposes. Well I will do when I can source some more cartridges.... Obviously I'm in the minority and probably shouldn't even be here.

If our government had any interest in our health at all, they wouldn't allow the sale of tobacco or alcohol. Increased taxes.... they're just scraping more cream off the top from the poor, stupid and ignorant. Myself being one of them, for the time being.
    you make a good point aussie dave , I am trying to resist the urge of buying the latest vaping gadgets and gizmos and need to remind myself it's just a means to quit cigarettes.
    Wouldn't want to prove the wowzers right when they say its just a new era of nicotine addiction .
    with every new juice order I order a lower nicotine strength.
    so far I am at 16mg and completely cured of smoking with 0 cravings even when out drinking with smokers.
    I'm interested to see if I will continue to vamp when I get to 0mg.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    when you say " it's my personal vaporization device" its hard not to sound like a wanker . when you say "its an electronic cigarette" , you just get "oh, that's cool" .
    ouspensky72 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast