• 1 Post By Altered1
  • 3 Post By Olfella
  • 2 Post By spud

Thread: Ireland should lead the e-cigarette way

AVF Regular

Ireland should lead the e-cigarette way

Very interesting position. Just 'click' "I'm a health professional" to read

Ireland should lead the e-cigarette way
    Robray, margyb, Fatman and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Some doctors are very pragmatic aren't they. We need more like this
    spud likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

A great read from my type of doctor.A pity Australias so called health professionals are not like this guy.
    A quote from this artice.

As doctors, I contend we have a moral, ethical and professional duty to face this reality.

E-cigarettes may not be a panacea, they may not be 100 per cent safe and, yes, they may have effects that we have not yet considered.

But of one thing we can be certain. They will kill far, far fewer people than traditional cigarettes.
    Robray, margyb and spud like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

This is where we, (as customers), can teach the medical profession about vaping. I gave my doctor a whole lot of stuff to read, when I made the switch to vaping, he fully supports this switch, and has seen first hand the difference vaping can make.

Because doctors deal with ordinary people, (unlike the self appointed high priests of public health, such as Chapman and his ANTZ buddies), and most GP's work in the front line of health care, like the doctor in the article, they genuinely want to help people, rather than simply control them, or condemn them. They know the reality, rather than cling to the ideology of the ANTZ.

I think that we should encourage our GP's, nurses, surgeons, and other health care professionals to understand vaping, and encourage smokers to make the switch, as was suggested by the doc in the article, this is something we can do as vapers. I would like to see a revolution take place where public health officials come under increased pressure from front line professionals, to base policy on evidence, and realistic goals (harm reduction), than on an unrealistic, outdated, religious ideology of "quit or die".
    margyb and Fatman like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13