Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Pharmacy chat

AVF Regular

Pharmacy chat

My chemist rang me to tell me my prescription was ready and the pharmacist asked me to bring in some examples of ecigs. Apparently there was an article on them in a newsletter he gets. (Sorry I didn't get the publication) and in the past month he has had a dozen people ask he if he sells them and are they any good. He is not allowed to say they can aid quitting but he read up on them and wanted to see some in the flesh.

I took a selection of 2nd & 3rd generation plus some of my tanks and the MVP. He was blown away at the range and the fashionable looks of them all.
    He is a franchise of a well known chain and he let slip they were considering selling some blister packs (ego + clearo) I did not get a chance to ask about what they will do about eliquid. He knew all about the composition of Eliquid but had only seen YouTube videos of huge plumes. Once I showed him how I use mine he could see how they would be attractive. He also said he doesn't understand how he is allowed to sell nic mist and we can't buy Eliquid containing nicotine.

He did not try one and it wasn't the sort of conversation where I could grill him.
    Upshot is I will let it sit for a bit and then ask again in a few weeks. It was out of the blue but interesting.

The chemist had a few people listening into my explanation and two people stopped me outside for a chat. Hopefully we will see them here.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 25-03-14 at 09:42 AM.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Wow. Positive and encouraging. Good work Crisscross.

On the other hand, nerarly 6 months ago, in my local chemist, the subject came up. The Chemist was not interested AT ALL. She knew nothing about 'em, and was referring any enquiries from the general public to "Mr Google".
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

AVF Regular
    6 months is a long time in vaping. Maybe things are changing, if the pharmacy lobby got on board, would that help? I don't know but I got the impression that his experience with customer queries is not an isolated incident

AVF Regular
    Wow! That's awesome. I think LOL

Our post office owners are interested, too. But more about using them themselves, and not to substitute for smoking. They're interested in seeing if there's a way to deliver asthma medication. I don't know what their idea might be, but I'm thinking maybe nebulising somehow.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Interesting CrissX
    A couple of years back I took my ecig into chemist warehouse and showed them how it worked and told them I had given up smoking using them
    They hadnt seen one before and were impressed how it worked
    I asked if i got a prescription for liquid nicotine would they be able to get for me
    She looked on her computer and said no sorry
    She asked where I got my nic from and I said USA or China and she said just keep getting it from there ( She was chinese too)

I openly vape in our local chemist while waiting for scripts ... the owner is a fan and reckons it's only a matter of time before he'll be selling them himself .. all he asked was that if another customer didn't think it was acceptable, that i not use it ... so far, that hasn't happened and altho' I can't be certain that anyone has followed it up, I've given out lots of vape business cards and told them about this forum ... the rest is up to them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Wow! That's awesome. I think LOL

Our post office owners are interested, too. But more about using them themselves, and not to substitute for smoking. They're interested in seeing if there's a way to deliver asthma medication. I don't know what their idea might be, but I'm thinking maybe nebulising somehow.

Its interesting though. Our little PO is an agency attached to a deli. They are fascinated by all my packages and I have to show them what I get. They want to sell them in the deli section but are not sure about how to go about it.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, spud and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    6 months is a long time in vaping. Maybe things are changing, if the pharmacy lobby got on board, would that help? I don't know but I got the impression that his experience with customer queries is not an isolated incident
    You would hope things are changing. I don't know if they have or not around here though - I'm not the sort who "enjoys" regular visits to the chemist (good!) - but back then the Chemist did say they do get a lot of inquiries about "e-cigs". Just that he didn't know squat about 'em. And, obviously, didn't want to learn.
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    You would hope things are changing. I don't know if they have or not around here though - I'm not the sort who "enjoys" regular visits to the chemist (good!) - but back then the Chemist did say they do get a lot of inquiries about "e-cigs". Just that he didn't know squat about 'em. And, obviously, didn't want to learn.
    I got the impression when he rang that it was a pharmacy newsletter. I will ask when I get an opportunity.
    GirlyPantz and DaveJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveJ View Post
    Wow. Positive and encouraging. Good work Crisscross.

On the other hand, nerarly 6 months ago, in my local chemist, the subject came up. The Chemist was not interested AT ALL. She knew nothing about 'em, and was referring any enquiries from the general public to "Mr Google".
    Yeah, it's funny, isn't it? Our local pharmacist is very, very supportive, and even gave me a clean bottle for free to store away an odd amount of nic I had left over from a bigger bottle. I would not be surprised if he started stocking starter kits, either.

And yet one 3km away was all stupid about it when I went to buy bottles from him before I saw the closer one. Anyway he started on about PG being antifreeze, and was kind of sheepish when I'd pointed out to him that this was exactly what he uses in his mixtures for HIS customers to ingest. LMAO He was very nice about selling me my last lot of freezer bottles. Funny that LMAO

I've actually got a couple of very basic starter kits in the milkbar, loaded with cards for a local vape store, an eGo, an Evod, spare coils, a charger, and some 0mg juice to tide over until they get an online or B&M order in and delivered. I've also got an identical setup of my own ready to go with mouthpiece condoms so people can try one then and there. A guy was selling them from his car one day a couple of weeks ago, so I figured, why not? I'm not actively promoting them, but they're there just in case.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast