Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Robray
  • 1 Post By Whizgig
  • 1 Post By Robray
  • 2 Post By coopz

Thread: This is not going to help our case if true??

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs

This is not going to help our case if true??

PHP Code:
    Four days after thathe also confirmed press reports that the plane was carrying some small lithium-ion batteries but stressed they were transported according to International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAOrules.

Professor Middleton said a severe fire caused by lithium-ion batteries would require “gallons of fluid to put it out”but said if this was the cause of the aircraft’s disappearance it would be unlikely it could have flown all the way to the southern Indian Ocean

Malaysia’s unwillingness to release the full cargo manifest from missing Flight MH370 will hamper the search effort | News.com.au
    GirlyPantz and deaver like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I thought exactly the same thing when I read that Robray. Wondered if it was a crate of egos! Are egos lithium batteries?

But aren't all phone and PC batteries lithium batteries too? There must be thousands of flights carrying this kind of cargo?

Sorry to sound like a complete twit.

The planes batteries are Lithium Batteries. they changed all plane batteries to Lithium last year.
    Last edited by Whizgig; 24-03-14 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Spelling and adding
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Nic Free Since 12th May 2014

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    deaver likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

It's well known at Fasttech that every other carrier refused li-ion batteries. Fasttech started using malaysia post because it was the only carrier that would ship li-ion batteries.

That said, the plane was going TO china, where li-ions are made, so there's no reason why that plane would have a large shipment of li-ions going TO China

Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I thought exactly the same thing when I read that Robray. Wondered if it was a crate of egos! Are egos lithium batteries?

But aren't all phone and PC batteries lithium batteries too? There must be thousands of flights carrying this kind of cargo?

Sorry to sound like a complete twit.
    Egos and most other portable electronic use lithium batteries, most airlines are happy with that though, as they are contained. Even FT has no problem airmailing them through singapore post/air. It's loose battery cells that can react together that every air line banned, except malaysia air.
    Last edited by coopz; 24-03-14 at 10:46 PM.
    GirlyPantz and Robray like this.