Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: News site

News site

Just found this on a news website under the heading technology people are too embarrassed to use gave me a little giggle

"If anybody was under the assumption smoking was cool the electronic cigarette will swiftly stub that out. These faux fags vaporise a cartridge of liquid nicotine that users inhale. It’s like smoking without the smoke or other chemicals found in tobacco. It’s also a way to ‘smoke’ in places where normal cigarettes are banned. Only every time you inhale a bright LED (often neon blue) glows at the end. Smooth, it is not. Could you imagine what Rebel Without a Cause would have looked like if James Dean was whipping out his e-cig? Traditional smokers handle these like a meat eater would prod at tofu. However, shockingly, they are actually becoming rather popular particularly with celebrities. The term ‘vaping’ is now entering into vocab and there are conventions and clubs dedicated to the electronic cigarette."

Taken from the follow website
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/ga...-1226858673692
    spud and vaping_gal like this.

AVF Regular
    That's par for the course for them. Look at their "make your android faster" story where all tell you to do is change the animation speed... lol
    spud likes this.

Any website that publishes an article that gives the impression that ecigs are a "new" thing, immediately loses all credibility.

Ecigs are an old invention, more than decade old now.

News articles need to mention that Australia is far behind the rest of the world, or else they look like dumbasses.
    spud likes this.

lol, never seen anyone use an ego like the bloke in the picture. Do these journalists, (I use the term very loosely, probably written by the work experience kid), know anything at all about what they write?? Do they survey their mates and decide that what they think is the pinnacle of "trendy" or "cool"??

Mobile phones look silly, but how many people have one now??? Reversing cameras, aren't they for people who never learned to drive properly, or can't move their heads far enough to look in the rearview or side mirror, (probably shouldn't be driving at all if they can't manage this). What about those pants that are worn so far down that your underwear is in full view, and sometime even your arse? Not to mention that you look ridiculous walking like a penguin with your crotch between your knees, constantly hitching your dacks up. How many people do you see carrying coffee cups and water bottles around with them everywhere, as if they can't walk 100 meters without a coffee fix or dying of dehydration.

Its just one person's view of what is cool, but we see vaping growing, we are seeing plenty of people going to 3D movies, I see people everyday with their phones strapped to their arms, and headphones, (the larger ones are more comfortable than ear buds, and keep your ears warm in winter), on or in their heads. Its just changing trends, and when there are a lot more people switching to vaping, instead of smoking, (as is happening in countries more accepting of people's differences), it will be seen as something ok.

If you are the sort of person that would put how you look ahead of your health or other benefits, well, you are just at the whim of fashion, and nasty spiteful people like those that write articles for crap news websites, and think they "know" what is "the in thing" of the day. Bet they have some scraggly beard, they think looks great, and spend an hour in the morning putting gel or other crap in their hair so it looks messy, while they pop on their skinny leg jeans and waddle out "penguin like" to get in their car and reverse out their driveway using their reversing camera, (probably one that talks to you), whilst carrying the ever present bucket of coffee.
    Last edited by spud; 25-03-14 at 12:36 PM.
    maggie and aussie63 like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    had a quick look. seems like a stupid publications publishing stupid stuff by calling things other people do stupid. that's just stupid. pfft.
    Fatman, Gresh11, spud and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    had a quick look. seems like a stupid publications publishing stupid stuff by calling things other people do stupid. that's just stupid. pfft.
    Succinctly put Kay and absolutely correct
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

AVF Regular
    Whats wrong with big head phones? I have always prefered them even as a kid...........
    spud, Whizgig and D Jovanovic like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Whats wrong with big head phones? I have always prefered them even as a kid...........
    Nothing wrong with them that's what is so silly about this article, its just someone's opinion on what is supposed to be trendy, and what people are supposedly embarrassed to be seen with. A very shallow piece of space filler, nothing more.

The "coolest" people I know, are those that are not afraid to be themselves, and don't give a rats rear end whether other people think they are 'cool' or not

Quote Originally Posted by Philmac View Post
    Could you imagine what Rebel Without a Cause would have looked like if James Dean was whipping out his e-cig?
    so what this idiot journalist is saying is smoking is cool, but vaping which is far safer for your health is to be avoided because it is uncool? is this piece aimed at teenagers or something? because you get to a point in life where you couldnt give a rats about being cool in other people's eyes. It's called growing up
    aussie63 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hopefully teens will believe that it is 'uncool'. That might help put a stop to all of this 'gateway' nonsense...
    vaping_gal likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast