• 5 Post By vaping_gal
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 2 Post By weissesfleisch
  • 4 Post By vaping_gal
  • 1 Post By weissesfleisch

Thread: smokers-rights-group-sues-nyc-over-e-cig-ban

smokers-rights-group-sues-nyc-over-e-cig-ban

"We’re fighting a cult, and it’s the same cult," says Audrey Silk, founder of CLASH, which now has nearly 2,000 members between Facebook and its email list. "The same enemies that came after smoking are coming after the electronic cigarettes. It’s an ideology to them, and vaping is an extension to ‘renormalize regular cigarettes.’"

Smokers

I hope they win the law suit, not only do I think smokers have been treated like pariahs but now vapers are getting the same arguments used against them without any proof to back it up

As Professor Siegel wrote;

When the tobacco industry decided - sometime back around 2000 or so - to stop monitoring tobacco control science and to just let us say anything we wanted to - I thought they had made a poor decision. But in retrospect, I think it may have been brilliant. They apparently knew that before long, without the restraints of having to answer to Big Tobacco's public questioning, our science would deteriorate and we would just start saying anything we wanted to. Unrestrained, the tobacco control movement's scientific rigor would fall to such a low level that we would end up discrediting ourselves and undermining our own credibility.

Well, we're there. We're officially there.
    Tobacco control is a religion.
    Their dogma is unscientific.
    Their preists are deranged.

spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welp under the TPP agreement that we are signing this month .. Austrailains will be able to sue the govt too.. something to keep in mind I guess
    vaping_gal likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Russ from click bang is in on this too.
    last weeks replay

AVF Regular
    I wish them luck and I hope they win the case.

The comments at the end of the article were particularly interesting. The anti smokers who posted obviously think Vapeing is the same as smoking tobacco. \

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    I wish them luck and I hope they win the case.

The comments at the end of the article were particularly interesting. The anti smokers who posted obviously think Vapeing is the same as smoking tobacco. \
    I am feeling a drain on my intelligence from reading some of those comments...
    vaping_gal and sc_rufctr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by weissesfleisch View Post
    I am feeling a drain on my intelligence from reading some of those comments...
    Just goes to show how antz have done a top notch job on demonising smokers and convincing the masses that smokers and vapers are poisoning them. Lots of people just cant seem to think for themselves these days and get spoon fed what to believe (even if most of it is lies)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vaping_gal View Post
    Just goes to show how antz have done a top notch job on demonising smokers and convincing the masses that smokers and vapers are poisoning them. Lots of people just cant seem to think for themselves these days and get spoon fed what to believe (even if most of it is lies)
    Happens in a lot more other industries / hobbies also, very, very sad to see this mentality out in force (ie you are outright wrong and should not be allowed to continue in existence if you are not in alignment with my rights and opinions)
    vaping_gal likes this.