Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Womans Day think e-cigarette story not juicy enough!

AVF Regular

Womans Day think e-cigarette story not juicy enough!

Woman's day have just printed a story of a woman who smoked through pregnancy and proud of it. Now normally I couldn't care less what is written in Woman's day but in this case I do! This woman who happens to be a friend of a friend was using a cigalike style ecig that had 0 nic during her pregnancy. The original writer of this story with the original title 'I smoked e-cigs through my pregnancy and I'm not ashamed' was told the story wasn't juicy enough. Woman's day have re-written the story completely and used her photos and have totally defamed her character by printing this story.

This should have been a good news story for all vapers by showing there are alternatives that can reduce the need to smoke. Take a look at the pictures. You can see it's a cigalike and not a cigarette but the general public would not be able to tell the difference. This is a simple case of the media not wanting to popularise smoking alternatives and it's much easier to upset one person than it is to piss off BT. Pretty damn disappointing if you ask me!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=au
    Last edited by natstar; 02-04-14 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Link changed to chached page since it has been removed from their website.
    Mushman, margyb, Cath Mort and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    She should sue the living crap out of them!
    Mushman, lozza 82, spud and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    That very well may happen. She seems quite pissed off about the whole thing. I know I would be!
    Mushman, lozza 82, spud and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I would even try another media outlet for the story on how they twisted the story
    Viewers and readers love that shite, and media outlets love a bit of injustice
    jen, Olfella, spud and 1 others like this.

I noticed that in the NineMSN page and I thought it was a cigalike... I'm not going mad.

AVF Regular
    that's crap. i know journalists sensationalise things, but to out and out lie is just criminal. i think it's a good cautionary tale for any of us who might have occasion to have anything to do with the media in regards to vaping. poor rebecca. she was obviously trying to raise awareness of ecigs and has gotten a boot well and truly lodged in her gut for it.
    lozza 82, Cath Mort, spud and 5 others like this.

womans day - you suck!
    lozza 82, Cath Mort, spud and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Is that a link to the whole story? Even worse than the distortion to the story, she is being crucified in the comments and her full name is in the story - hope she doesn't have a wide open FB page, or she'll have every nutter in the known universe having a crack

It'a an outright lie anyway, as there's no SMOKING involved ... How do they think they can get away with this?

AVF Regular
    Sue em sue em sue em its defamation she will cop so much grief over this it is a crock. Take them for all they are worth and dont let her back down. Its wrong just plain wrong to change a story like this
    lozza 82, spud, Mathy and 1 others like this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast