Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: NewYork Senator Introduces a prohibition on ALL e-liquid sales

NewYork Senator Introduces a prohibition on ALL e-liquid sales

S6939-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Prohibits the sale or provision of any quantity of electronic liquid - New York State Senate

This is how is happens:

They introduce a bill that leglislates a complete ban on a product.

Then it sits there in a draw, and they wait for the first opportunity to take it out.

All they need is one dead puppy to push it through.

It states that eliquid is more harmful than tobacco ... where are the links to the research which verifies this ?

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    It states that eliquid is more harmful than tobacco ... where are the links to the research which verifies this ?
    In a BT drawer.
    mavinry4 likes this.

]6⁹.12[

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    where are the links to the research

Not required. All they need is the dead puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by sushiaddiction View Post
    In a BT drawer.
    Yes, I wonder if with some influence, they'll exclude prefilled cartos from the definition of "e-liquid".

avtek, sushiaddiction and aniangel like this.

Many e-liquids are made on factory floors or in the back rooms of shops and, similar to e-cigarettes, are not regulated by the federal government.

This sentence clearly distinguishes e-cigarettes and e-liquids as different products.

I believe that they mean "loose juice" when referring to "e-liquids", and that they mean "prefilled cartos and disposable ecigs" when they refer to "e-cigarettes".

This Bill is a ban on loose juice- which favours the tobacco industry products.
    margyb likes this.

Many foods and beverages are made on factory floors or in the back rooms of shops, then sold in stores, and nobody knows whats in them. Maybe they should be banning anything made on a factory floor (is this distinct from just being made in a factory? ), or made in back rooms of shops, for even front rooms of shops??

More ridiculous hysteria from the greedites and ANTZ.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    The liquid in e-cigarettes has been called "electronic liquids" or "e-liquids." E-liquids are a form of liquid nicotine laced with other chemicals and often flavored. Many e-liquids are made on factory floors or in the back rooms of shops and, similar to e-cigarettes, are not regulated by the federal government.

E-liquids have been found to be harmful to humans if ingested or simply upon contact with an individual's skin. Between 2012 and 2013, calls to poison control centers[sic] involving e-liquids have increased by 300 percent, with 1,351 calls in 2013. According to the Syracuse Post Standard, as of March 2014, 651 calls have been made to poison control centers[sic] regarding e-liquids, with over half of these calls involving children under 6 years old. It has also been reported that a teaspoon of highly diluted e-liquids can seriously harm or kill a small child.

According to the New York Times, an individual died after injecting e-liquids, and another individual in Kentucky was admitted to the hospital with cardiac problems after her e-cigarette broke and the e-liquid was absorbed through her skin.

Laced
    Factory Floor. Back Rooms
    Calls are not incidents.
    Child proof caps are a good idea. Stupid parents don't leave bleach sitting out where the kids can get to them. They don't mention harm but infer death by teaspoon.
    etc

I'm make spelling mistakes all the time. Is is an official document. center> centre
    margyb likes this.

]6⁹.12[

Pretty ineffectual legislation if you mix your own though.

Section two also defines "electronic liquids" or "e-liquids" as a liquid composed of nicotine and other chemicals, which is sold as a product that may be used in electronic cigarettes.
    mavinry4 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast