Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: ASH UK ( action on smoking and health) e-cigarettes

AVF Regular

ASH UK ( action on smoking and health) e-cigarettes

Was watching Dave Dorns vaportrails

VTTalk

And this from ASH (action on smoking and health caught my eye) Deborah Arnott was doing a slide show for USA ( about 26 minute )

Maybe electronic but not cigarettes nor smoked

Looks like ASH UK acknowledging ecigs

AVF Regular
    Good... We need something more positive right now. Thanks.
    margyb, spud, AstroBoy and 2 others like this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

AVF Regular
    And this from here ( sorry if it has been posted before)
    ASH Briefing: Electronic Cigarettes (March 2014)

Conclusion
    ASH recognises that whilst efforts to help people stop smoking should remain a priority, many people either do not wish to stop smoking or find it very hard to do so. For this group, nicotine substitution products which have been properly regulated to ensure product safety, quality and efficacy should be made available as an alternative to tobacco. Most of the diseases associated with smoking are caused by inhaling smoke which contains thousands of toxic chemicals. By contrast, nicotine is relatively safe.
    Electronic cigarettes, which deliver nicotine without the harmful toxins found in tobacco smoke, are likely to be a safer alternative to smoking. In addition, electronic cigarettes reduce secondhand smoke exposure in places where smoking is allowed since they do not produce smoke. Nonetheless, nicotine is an addictive substance, electronic cigarettes currently available are of highly variable safety and efficacy, and smokers are uncertain about the effectiveness of the product.
    In the UK smokefree legislation exists to protect the public from the demonstrable harms of secondhand smoke. ASH does not consider it appropriate for electronic cigarettes to be subject to this legislation.
    Link

http://ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_715.pdf
    lozza 82, jen, spud and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks "margyb" ... Personally I don't have a problem with e-cigarettes having the same restrictions as regular stinkies.

Smokers have been "marginalized" enough over the years. To the point of ridicule and cruelty. I'd be happy to hang with them when I Vape.
    margyb and YoGI like this.
    Peter

I wish we had the same level of logical, evidenced based policy makers in this country, we seem to have got the hat trick of irrational, illogical, deliberately ignorant ideologues instead. Happy to destroy the lives of decent people, and make them into criminals at the whim of some judge. Wasting our taxes on persecuting people who are trying to better their health and lives, and the lives of others. I live in hope that they will one day be found accountable for the damage they have caused, they are no better than those who killed in the name of religion, or political ideology, in fact they are worse, because they ultimately serve those that have no morals or ethics, their god is the almighty dollar.
    Robray, margyb, dvietrod and 6 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    Thanks "margyb" ... Personally I don't have a problem with e-cigarettes having the same restrictions as regular stinkies.

Smokers have been "marginalized" enough over the years. To the point of ridicule and cruelty. I'd be happy to hang with them when I Vape.
    LOL
    I always hang out with the smokers when out ( havent found any vapers yet)
    The best conversations can be had with smokers
    lozza 82, Cath Mort, YoGI and 3 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Does anyone else find ASH a bit odd? ASH UK can produce something like this, then ASH Scotland has a conference about PVs which refuses to invite anyone who's an advocate for PVs to attend, but invites Big P and the ANTZ. I think it's great that they seem to be autonomous organisations, unlike our Cancer Councils here. I wonder what the difference between them is?
    spud and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post
    Does anyone else find ASH a bit odd? ASH UK can produce something like this, then ASH Scotland has a conference about PVs which refuses to invite anyone who's an advocate for PVs to attend, but invites Big P and the ANTZ. I think it's great that they seem to be autonomous organisations, unlike our Cancer Councils here. I wonder what the difference between them is?
    I had a quick look at their web page and yes they seem a bit odd. Progressive for sure but who's behind them?
    YoGI and Mathy like this.
    Peter

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster
    http://ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_891.pdf

Among young people who have never smoked 1% have “tried e-cigarettes once or twice”, 0% report continued e-cigarette use and 0% expect to try an e-cigarette soon.
    spud likes this.

]6⁹.12[

N Sydney, Aus, Earth, Milky Way, Virgo Supercluster

margyb and spud like this.

]6⁹.12[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast