Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By avtek
  • 1 Post By sc_rufctr

Thread: e cig advertisement on mainstream FM radio

e cig advertisement on mainstream FM radio

Just caught an advertisement on the radio mid afternoon today, had heard it late last week as well but had the opportunity to have a look today at it all.

Plugging the health benefits, and has a sizeable distributorship in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Mostly service station chains.

Why am I worried about this?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D Jovanovic View Post
    cos the more profile vaping has in the mainstream media the more it will speed up the crackdown on them

AVF Regular
    Just caught an advertisement on the radio mid afternoon today, had heard it late last week as well but had the opportunity to have a look today at it all.

Plugging the health benefits, and has a sizeable distributorship in NSW, QLD and VIC.

Mostly service station chains.

Is this a radio station specific (exclusive) to service station chains and not a normal public one?

Either way it may seem like "not a good thing" considering the current situation but at some point it will all come to a head.
    The stupid Gumbit that is running this show doesn't have a clue about basic economics so how could they understand or comprehend a brand new product like e-cigs? (That's not a party specific comment. They're both equally incompetent)
    spud likes this.
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
    Is this a radio station specific (exclusive) to service station chains and not a normal public one?

Normal public, FM radio station...was playing in the office.

I researched the name after hearing the ad' - the equipment is sold through outlets like service stations and from memory, tobacconists.

AVF Regular
    Normal public, FM radio station...was playing in the office.

I researched the name after hearing the ad' - the equipment is sold through outlets like service stations and from memory, tobacconists.
    That surprises me. Talk about "drawing crabs"...
    Peter

My last cigarette... 3rd April 2014

If it's who I think it is, they have been advertising for a couple of months now.

AVF Regular
    I heard it too, was at a shop in (victoria) yarraville a few days ago and it played over the radio.

I spun out, it worries me too.

how can they advertise it with benefits, this is definitely going to have repercussions on us all.
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 17-04-14 at 01:11 PM.

AVF Regular
    I went to the B&M in Broken Hill the other day on my way through. Very nice bloke in there was telling me Broken Hill seems to be very pro-vaping.......all the clubs are happy for people to vape inside. He said he's sold over 1000 kits locally in a town with a population of 18,000. On the way into town I was listening to the local AM radio, he had an ad on.....his ad took the "healthier alternative to smoking" approach which I found quite acceptable. Interestingly, the local pharmacy had ads on for NRT products, directly aimed at smoking.....and his ads outnumbered the Vaper Room's one about 4:1.....I wonder if he's having trouble moving his BP products now the town has discovered something that actually works.