Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree596Likes

Thread: Petition to WA Health Minister to change the PV law

AVF Regular

Petition to WA Health Minister to change the PV law

Petition to WA Health Minister to change the PV law.

This petition follows on from the recent WA court ruling against PVs. As you know, the ruling makes illegal the sale of any and all Personal Vaperisors within Western Australia. With help and input from several forum regulars, I have created a petition requesting the WA Minister of Health change the law to make legal the sale of PVs. The link to the petition is here:

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...e-legalise-pvs

This petition is about the law involved and the effect it will have on all of us. Your support is requested to help generate signatures for this petition. The aim of this is to make the Minister aware of the strength of our feelings and of how many hold those feelings.

I now ask you all to please consider ways to get this message out there.

* Can I ask you go to the linked page and sign the petition. Leave a suitable comment if you wish.

* Can I ask if any of you are members of other Vaping forums - if so, on those other forums - if permitted by their rules, can you please post a link to this petition?

* Can I ask, for those of you who have twitter or facebook accounts, that you please publish links to this petition in those social media forums?

* whatever else you can think of.

Mention must be made and thanks offered to Spud, MargyB, JenJ, Keyboardmama and Rose for their valuable input in creating this document.

Thank you.
    DaveJ
    Sent by DaveJ

Sorry, I don't have a witty signature.

is there any way to sign it without having your full name and email address published on the site?

PS. I just want to make a suggestion, I think the link to the crowdfunding could be a mistake, it gives the health dept a heads up that an appeal may be pending, but also vince's mate dan mentioned that if they think vince has lots of money, it could increase the amount of any fine imposed so I think we need to be careful
    Last edited by vaping_gal; 16-04-14 at 02:45 PM.
    GirlyPantz and Christine J like this.

AVF Regular
    Signed
    Christine J likes this.

AVF Regular
    There is a check box for show my signature.

Another question. Will it allow OS signature. Question I regard to post code.

Had to use two separate ip addresses for hubby and I to both sign
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Done on my FB page. Nice one.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, DaveJ and 1 others like this.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

AVF Regular
    @ vaping_gal I do not know. I am unfamiliar with all the details of that site. It may be required to filter out the "mickey mouse" type signatures that often crowd petitions.
    Ahh, what crisscross said - "There is a check box for show my signature."

I'll look and see - but I'm open to others looking into it as well.

As far as I am aware, it is open WORLD WIDE.

Obviously the site has some built in protections to prevent, say, scripts from loading multi sigs from the same computer.

Hell you guys were quick...
    Last edited by DaveJ; 16-04-14 at 02:51 PM.
    Sent by DaveJ

AVF Regular
    Signed

Raz
    Christine J likes this.

AVF Regular
    Dave, I'd like to make a suggestion that may or may not pass the scrutiny of the members here.
    My suggestion is that the minister may not know the difference between a cigalike and a mod.
    I believe the guts of the judges findings were prompted by cigalikes ... that is they look just like a cigarette.
    I would suggest to you that on your petition, you actually include a pic of a cigalike, a second generation ego, and a 3rd generation PV like a vamo/provari and include a brief overview of each.
    By doing this you are pre-empting a refusal by the minister that he agrees with the Judges decision because they look like a cigarette. He may be familiar with cigarlikes but not 2nd or 3rd generation mods.

In other words, show him the difference between the devices so he can see that what we use looks nothing like a cigarette.

To be quite frank with you .... I detest cigalikes and believe all those vendors I see in stalls in shopping centers should be closed down because they are selling a fraudulent device which, without nic in it, are bluddy hopeless and no more than a rip off by the vendor and he (the minister) may also hold the same view..

What do folks think?
    Last edited by Rebel1; 16-04-14 at 02:55 PM.

AVF Regular
    So to get my husband to sign can he use a different computer at our house
    Or do all computers have the same Ip ?? in our house

We have a few different email addresses

Sorry dumb with computers

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Dave, I'd like to make a suggestion that may or may not pass the scrutiny of the members here.
    My suggestion is that the minister may not know the difference between a cigalike and a mod.
    I believe the guts of the judges findings were prompted by cigalikes ... that is they look just like a cigarette.
    I would suggest to you that on your petition, you actually include a pic of a cigalike, a second generation ego, and a 3rd generation PV like a vamo/provari and include a brief overview of each.
    By doing this you are pre-empting a refusal by the minister that he agrees with the Judges decision because they look like a cigarette. He may be familiar with cigarlikes but not 2nd or 3rd generation mods.

In other words, show him the difference between the devices so he can see that what we use looks nothing like a cigarette.

To be quite frank with you .... I detest cigalikes and believe all those vendors I see in stalls in shopping centers should be closed down because they are selling a fraudulent device which, without nic in it, are bluddy hopeless and no more than a rip off by the vendor and he (the minister) may also hold the same view..
    Understand your comment, Rebel.
    One observation - I believe the Vendor concerned did NOT actually sell "cigalikes". I think they were more like simple "ego and stardust" type devices (somebody correct me, please). BUT, yes, the judge/minister has no idea about provaris and RBAs and such.

What say the brains trust? - It could be changed and I think I know how to do it.

But not just at the moment, please. I'm needing a break (all these emails and changes to docos have done my head in! )
    GirlyPantz, margyb, JenJ and 4 others like this.
    Sent by DaveJ

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast