Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Do we have a representative group for vapers /vendors or not?

Do we have a representative group for vapers /vendors or not?

Sorry if this question get up some folks' noses but there appears to be no comment from anyone as to what's happening and if our VAA group supports the actions taken by members?
    Last I heard was that Mr Gruffy was spokesperson and as yet ( as far as I'm aware) no idea what they're thinking, who elects the committee? is / was there a vote? again I'm sorry but really curious?
    spud, DogMan, Mushymush and 2 others like this.

Retired Account
    Hi maggie,

The AVA is awaiting confirmation from ASIC of National registration. A website is being constructed. Once the website is constructed, we'll be sending out all the information people need who'd like to join through AVF and various vendors - as well as an update to those who have already filled in their application forms. The next big step will be to organise the AGM where the inaugural elections will be held to vote in the first elected committee of the Australian Vapers Association. Currently, there are 7 financial members of the AVA, and those members are the foundation committee who volunteered to do the groundwork, based on the working group BigKev initiated a year or so ago. We look forward to 'going live' across Australia and hope that members of AVF will support the association.
    margyb, Old Dog, lozza 82 and 9 others like this.

First off, thanks for starting the thread.

My question to the steering committee (or who ever is in the know), is a simple one.

Are vendors welcome as FULL members? Yes or no will suffice.

Pussa.
    "One more toot on that bosun's whistle Middy and you have to fart to use it. We understand each other sir?" - CPO to the fresh Midshipman

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Sorry if this question get up some folks' noses but there appears to be no comment from anyone as to what's happening and if our VAA group supports the actions taken by members?
    Last I heard was that Mr Gruffy was spokesperson and as yet ( as far as I'm aware) no idea what they're thinking, who elects the committee? is / was there a vote? again I'm sorry but really curious?
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-cig...lots-more.html

Was another thread honestly needed?
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Retired Account
    Pussa, that will be up to the first elected committee to decide, and my advice to them, if I were asked, would be that it is a question best answered by a vote of all members.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post

nope, not at all but you know what it's like mr309

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    Pussa, that will be up to the first elected committee to decide, and my advice to them, if I were asked, would be that it is a question best answered by a vote of all members.
    Thank you mrsgruffy.

So the short answer would be that they are not welcome AT THIS TIME, but this may change.

Pussa.
    "One more toot on that bosun's whistle Middy and you have to fart to use it. We understand each other sir?" - CPO to the fresh Midshipman

Retired Account
    No, actually, Pussa, that's not the case at all. There has been no decision made, and there's nothing, at this point, in our constitution which would prevent vendors joining the AVA. That decision is one that the whole membership will most likely decide (we could put this to a vote at the first AGM), and since there are only a handful of financial members at this stage (some foundation committee members decided to become financial members in order to fund the costs associated with incorporation and registration of the organisation), I wouldn't like to be involved in making that decision at this early stage. I'm a firm believer in "no taxation without representation". In other words, I'm not comfortable with taking anyone's money unless they also get a say in how that money gets spent.

When we "go live", membership will be open to everyone, and if the first elected committee decide, by whatever method they see fit and which is constitutional, to exclude vendors, then it would be ethical for them to reimburse any financial contribution those people have made. However, this is just my opinion as an individual, and I speak only for myself. I believe opinions vary on this, and pretty much everything! Thank heavens we're not all clones of one another. I believe the association should represent the majority, whether I agree or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post

No questions were being answered in the existing one
    spud likes this.

[QUOTE=mrsgruffy;490627]No, actually, Pussa, that's not the case at all. There has been no decision made, and there's nothing, at this point, in our constitution which would prevent vendors joining the AVA. That decision is one that the whole membership will most likely decide (we could put this to a vote at the first AGM), and since there are only a handful of financial members at this stage (some foundation committee members decided to become financial members in order to fund the costs associated with incorporation and registration of the organisation), I wouldn't like to be involved in making that decision at this early stage. I'm a firm believer in "no taxation without representation". In other words, I'm not comfortable with taking anyone's money unless they also get a say in how that money gets spent.

So there is a constitution? ... and there are financial members but the 'ordinary' members don't need to be in the know ? ... so to speak
    spud likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast